You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bitch Bitch Bitch
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Codfather
Posted 2008-08-06 4:52 PM (#15362)
Subject: Bitch Bitch Bitch

Cruiser

I just want to take a minute and and tell all the foks who don't own a Vision yet, but who might become an owner in the future that this motorcycle is wonderful. Every afternoon I get home from a high pressure job and strap on my Vision, this bike takes me to another place and time. I get a chance to forget about all the bs and focus on the winding rode, the wind in my face and the sound of those Ness pipes. This bike is soooo very comfortable, and performs like no other. I don't want anyone reading this forum and just hearing about the heat of the engine, reflection in windshield, radio not to loud,and the dimple. This is an awsome motorcycle and don't let anyone tell you different. To the foks who own one you made a smart decision. To the few that have problems go to your dealer and get them to fix your problems. Bruce
Top of the page Bottom of the page
racershawn
Posted 2008-08-06 5:00 PM (#15365 - in reply to #15362)
Subject: RE: Bitch Bitch Bitch

Cruiser

Hampton Va
I agree 100% ... sounds like we are in the same boat... the few problems I have had are minor to the experience of just riding the bike down the road and the little issues are all ez to handle with a bit of effort
radioteacher
Posted 2008-08-06 6:00 PM (#15370 - in reply to #15362)
Subject: Re: Bitch Bitch Bitch

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
My therapy starts as I approach my Vision in the parking lot at my office after a days work. Just seeing it there waiting for me makes me feel better. Riding it home completes the experience.

My daily tours on the Vision are only sixteen miles long but that is just fine for a work day.
Wizard523
Posted 2008-08-06 6:51 PM (#15373 - in reply to #15362)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
Quite frankly, I am surprised that there are so few issues with a new model! For me, I have only had a couple of minor things that were easily taken care of by my dealer. I couldn't be happier with my Vision, and the more I ride it, the better it gets!
Teach
Posted 2008-08-06 6:59 PM (#15375 - in reply to #15362)

Visionary

Bruce, I agree and disagree first the agree.
I ride a lot and since my summers are free I really ride a lot. I had over 4000 miles in just my first month of ownership. I then took a great ride down south to ride with friends, hit the twisties and really get a feel for what the Vision is capable of. I truly LOVE this bike and it is a great machine. Since returning I've been on numerous other lengthy rides and just nice evening putts of 150 or so miles. I enjoy them all on the Vision.

However saying "take it to your dealer to get it fixed" isn't as straight forward as it sounds. There are NO fixes at my dealer or anywhere else for the issues I am having. Small issues? Absolutely, but even small issues become very annoying when they don't have a fix (yet). Will Victory have a fix? Well I am told they are working on one issue, testing on another with parts due out soon, and another was suppose to have been addressed years ago (so I'm just unfortunate to have gotten 2 bad parts). So I'm sure the issues will get resolved eventually, but that doesn't make me happy today.

I think its important that we all (owners and future) know the issues, shortcomings, strengths and everything inbetween. Some folks have radio issues, some don't. Some have heat issues while others don't. Some have belt noise issues and others don't. The common denominator is that these issues exist and they are frustrating to the bikes owners. They exist for more than a few and to downplay that is irresponsible. Lets put it this way, if my radio bar mounted control is so bad that it has rendered my Ipod, WB, and radio virtually inoperative, and Victory has an ENTIRE new unit in testing to replace the existing module,(they recognize all past modules are defective) YOU and every other Vision owner have the same issue. Thats a wee bit more than a few, lol......

So to point out only the shortfalls would be just as wrong as pointing to just the bikes pro's.... and to suggest one simply get out and ride when issues exist is like saying, go jump out of the plane and if the parachute doesn't open, don't tell anyone. After all the excitement makes the fall insignificant.

Finally I hate to complain and for the most part I don't. However I also can't stand the "I'll stick my head in the sand" brand loyalty stuff I see on most bike forums. Victory promotes the idea of New, a new breed of MC and rider. I'd suggest we could best comply with this motto by being different in that we share both the good we find/experience and the not so good when appropriate. After all aren't these forums established to share experiences and expertise.... Ride safe.......... T
Wizard523
Posted 2008-08-06 7:25 PM (#15377 - in reply to #15362)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
Well said Teach. I have to admit that some of the problems I might have had were solved by first reading some of the forums on this site. And yes, there are still issues that have yet to be resolved some of which are very frustrating so some, especially after putting out over $20k for a bike.

Personally I am glad to have a place where all these things are all freely discussed. But it all needs to be taken with perspective. I'm still pretty impressed by the Vision, and would caution anyone reading these forums to do so with perspective, and look at their own situation. For example, for me heat is just not a problem. If something gets too hot, I just take advantage of those huge floorboards and move my feet or legs. The only time I even think about heat is when I read about it here. As far as the radio is concerned, I have never had music on a bike so I have nothing to reference, but since I mostly use my iPod (which works perfectly), it too is not a problem. But that's just me.

Also, maybe I am just lucky, but I have a really good dealer. And while he obviously can't solve every problem mentioned in these forums, he has done alright by me ....... so far, anyway.
exharleyrider
Posted 2008-08-06 7:50 PM (#15379 - in reply to #15362)

Cruiser

have to agree with teach. to portray as insignificant a conditions shared by more than a few which could cause an injury and discomfort is censorship, pure and simple. check my posts. i have touted the handling capabilities of this motorcycle, spoken about how good it feels to have people stop me to discuss the lines, origin and rideability of the bike, and defended the v-twin heat component. i have also started more than one thread in the hopes of finding a solution to a problem i have on MY bike. hopefully someone from victory is reading along and looking for a solution where it is appropriate. take it to the dealership? my dealership is a Victory Hall of Fame dealership and i deal only wiith the owner. their answer to the windshield issue is, "i don't see it on my bike". well i'm 6' 2" and he is 5'6" at best. i see it on every vision in his place when the shield is up. maybe he doesn't use the top 4" of the windshield. their answer to the powerlet issue is "i don't have an answer. just pay the 20 bucks for the adapter. oops they're on back order." their answer to the wind issue is "buy a taller windshield" forgetting the bike was purchased with an order for the tallest windshield which is still on back order. their answer to the heel toe shifter was "oh yeah "it's on back order but i remember we owe ya' one." ad infinitum. all these except the glare/distortion issue are not major. i rode 700 miles two weeks ago. will ride 1500 this weekend. the issues won't stop me, but by God i don't understand $400.00 back rests plus installation, having to buy a new windshield when i paid $20,000+ for the one i have already, no cost effective trailer hitch option on a touring bike, and the other not well thought out aspects here. after all victory is celebrating their 10th anniversary.

i sold the harley after 20 years of being a head in the sand harley snob because i was unhappy with this type of answer and expected the "new american motorcycle" to be different. in truth, i think they will be. i think this bike will give harley a real headache in time. one reason i bought a vic is beause they have a reputation for standing behind every problem. i bought from my dealer because even the harley dealer said he was the best dealer around bar none including himself. but don't try to stop me from trying to find solutions.

if you are someone looking at buying a visions, look at the 2009. no doubt it will be better. better yet wait for the 2010 if you can.
67VET08
Posted 2008-08-06 9:24 PM (#15387 - in reply to #15362)

New user

CENTRAL ISLIP NY 11722 ON LONG ISLAND
My dad is the proud owner of a 2008 super steele grey Tour Premium Vision and I have a serious case of Vision Envy...I have a 2005 chopper blue pearl Electraglide standard, with stage two upgrade to the motor, Vance and Hines Header pipes and S&S stainless steele oval slip on's. Dont get me wrong the bike is Sweet with only 10k miles on her. But I have to say, after test riding the vision....my heart and my mind are made up. I need to sell the HD and get a Black Cherry premium Tour Vision with stage1, stage two pipes. You gentleman who are already enjoying Visionville......Bask in the greatness of your Bikes. And like the man says stop the Bitch, Bitch , Bitch and get out there and enjoy the road!!!!
Codfather
Posted 2008-08-06 9:27 PM (#15389 - in reply to #15362)

Cruiser

Ok guys, the reason I started this is because the other day someone approached me at Cycle Gear and started asking me questions about the Vision. I knew from his questions that he was reading this forum and asked him and he said he was. I don't want to let Victory off the hook on some of there problems, I also don't want interested MC people thinking this bike is crap because it isn't. I want a balance of pro and con, not heeps of wineing. V twins are hot plan and simple, as for your wind sheild Victory can't make a shield that will suit everyone no matter what you paid for your bike. By the way we got a pretty good deal on this bike at 20,000 grand as the competition get far more for there bikes. I do agree that MC folks get poor treatment from the people in the business in general. I have a good dealer Barry Motorsports in Tampa,they try to do the right thing. The 400.00 backrest is to much don't buy it and it will come down in price. Once the after market people get cranked up you will be able to find the things you want, that is if we don't scare off all the possible buyers in the future. All Im saying is lets spend some of our time praising this great machine. VICTORY YOU BETTER TREAT US RIGHT!
david.terry
Posted 2008-08-06 9:49 PM (#15391 - in reply to #15362)

Cruiser

Madison, AL
Oh, but I have a serious problem with my brakes and the amount I'm spending on gas. It seems the brakes on the vision are defective to almost a criminal degree. I can't get the bike to stop at my house when heading home for the evening. I have to ride around for at least 20 or 30 minutes longer than normal before I can get brake engaged so I can stop at the house. Heck on Friday evenings after work it takes hours to ge the brake engaged long enough to get off the dang thing at home. And I don't know about all this saving money on gas. This thing is eating me out of house and home. I may have to get a wife that works and brings home a check so I can afford the gas I'm sticking into the Vision. I am at the Gas station every day fueling the dang thing up, and on the weekends I have to go to the gas station sometimes two or three times a day. I think all this technology must have come from AREA 51 other alien space ship. Look at the thing it isn't a motorcycle it is more like a time machine. I even have proof that the technology must just like the stuff the little green men use. I often loose hours of time when in the cockpit. Just this evening I sat in it for what seemed like a minute or two and the suddenly it was dark and several hours later. Errieeeee..... I think I need to go test my theory of the alien technology and time lost time just once more. I'll be back just hope Regan is still president when I return.
VisionTex
Posted 2008-08-06 10:11 PM (#15393 - in reply to #15391)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
david.terry - 2008-08-06 8:49 PM

Oh, but I have a serious problem with my brakes and the amount I'm spending on gas. It seems the brakes on the vision are defective to almost a criminal degree. I can't get the bike to stop at my house when heading home for the evening. I have to ride around for at least 20 or 30 minutes longer than normal before I can get brake engaged so I can stop at the house. Heck on Friday evenings after work it takes hours to ge the brake engaged long enough to get off the dang thing at home. And I don't know about all this saving money on gas. This thing is eating me out of house and home. I may have to get a wife that works and brings home a check so I can afford the gas I'm sticking into the Vision. I am at the Gas station every day fueling the dang thing up, and on the weekends I have to go to the gas station sometimes two or three times a day. I think all this technology must have come from AREA 51 other alien space ship. Look at the thing it isn't a motorcycle it is more like a time machine. I even have proof that the technology must just like the stuff the little green men use. I often loose hours of time when in the cockpit. Just this evening I sat in it for what seemed like a minute or two and the suddenly it was dark and several hours later. Errieeeee..... I think I need to go test my theory of the alien technology and time lost time just once more. I'll be back just hope Regan is still president when I return.

Oh and don't forget the tires, I don't understand why they wear out!
rainmaker
Posted 2008-08-06 10:48 PM (#15396 - in reply to #15362)

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
Codfather - 2008-08-06 3:52 PM

I just want to take a minute and and tell all the foks who don't own a Vision yet, but who might become an owner in the future that this motorcycle is wonderful. Every afternoon I get home from a high pressure job and strap on my Vision, this bike takes me to another place and time. I get a chance to forget about all the bs and focus on the winding rode, the wind in my face and the sound of those Ness pipes. This bike is soooo very comfortable, and performs like no other. I don't want anyone reading this forum and just hearing about the heat of the engine, reflection in windshield, radio not to loud,and the dimple. This is an awsome motorcycle and don't let anyone tell you different. To the foks who own one you made a smart decision. To the few that have problems go to your dealer and get them to fix your problems. Bruce

Thanks for trying to go positive anyway. Some guys just need to complain.
I never had a bike a didn't love. Never had a bike that didn't make noise, didn't heat up, or wasn't hard to shift once and awhile. I have never seen inexpensive accessories for a motorcycle, they are almost as bad as boat accessories.
I never paid $20k for a bike before, but I had alot to choose from, but none of them look like this, ride like this, or are as comfortable as this.
Web Mobile
Posted 2008-08-07 12:01 AM (#15403 - in reply to #15362)

Cruiser

Island Lake, Alberta, Canada
Ahh! The price of two wheel therpy. Who needs a remote, my one channel TV works just fine. As for heat, anyone else have a Kawaski 1300 for a third bike, now there's a nut roaster. Need more therpy, Chow
pollolittle
Posted 2008-08-07 7:27 AM (#15422 - in reply to #15362)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I'm sweating, it is hot in here. I need cool air. Maybe a cold one. Not a cold chic though. Hot chic, G U D! Cold chic, B A D!
rlreed
Posted 2008-08-07 10:49 AM (#15449 - in reply to #15362)

Cruiser

Tavares, Fl
Well, I've been following site for several months and bought my Vision last Wed. I have the same issues, heat, even though I don't think its that bad, and the left saddle bag allignment. I knew about the so called problems long before I decided to buy and I'm glad I knew about them before buying. I was originally looking for a Gold Wing and after following the GL1800 website decided not to buy based on the problems with them. Talk about serious, overheating, spewing coolant on the road and the frame cracking issue. Makes me glad to think about the minor stuff we have to complain about...
victory2002
Posted 2008-08-07 12:14 PM (#15468 - in reply to #15362)

Cruiser

Northeast Pennsylvania
When I finally get to parking the bike at wherever...the store, work, home..as I walk away, I always feel the compelling need to turn my head and look back at this beautiful bike..5 feet away,..10 feet..20 feet. It is truly an addiction. I agree with someone who said the gas milage on the Vision sucks, I too have to fill it every other day and 4 times on the weekends and I only live 8 miles from work. The problem I think, is I get lost going home from work...alot.
SongFan
Posted 2008-08-07 12:44 PM (#15475 - in reply to #15362)

Visionary

Memphis

"When I finally get to parking the bike at wherever...the store, work, home..as I walk away, I always feel the compelling need to turn my head and look back at this beautiful bike..5 feet away,..10 feet..20 feet. It is truly an addiction."

This is how I'm gonna get whacked.  Walking away from the bike, looking back one last time and getting run over by some Bubba in an F250 also staring at the Vision.

Edited by SongFan 2008-08-07 12:49 PM
varyder
Posted 2008-08-07 1:10 PM (#15480 - in reply to #15475)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
SongFan - 2008-08-07 12:44 PM

"When I finally get to parking the bike at wherever...the store, work, home..as I walk away, I always feel the compelling need to turn my head and look back at this beautiful bike..5 feet away,..10 feet..20 feet. It is truly an addiction."

This is how I'm gonna get whacked.  Walking away from the bike, looking back one last time and getting run over by some Bubba in an F250 also staring at the Vision.

What a way to go! The only thing that would be better is riding the Vision and getting run over by Bubba fixated on this machine.

cdevon1200
Posted 2008-08-07 5:00 PM (#15513 - in reply to #15362)

Puddle Jumper

Bruce
"I have a good dealer Barry Motorsports in Tampa,they try to do the right thing. The 400.00 backrest is to much don't buy it and it will come down in price. Once the after market people get cranked up you will be able to find the things you want, that is if we don't scare off all the possible buyers in the future. All Im saying is lets spend some of our time praising this great machine. VICTORY YOU BETTER TREAT US RIGHT!"

thanks for the attaboy!
cdevon1200
Tarpits99
Posted 2008-08-07 7:14 PM (#15521 - in reply to #15362)

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA
I have always loved riding - for me it's been the ride, not the destination that was important; although I have been on two wheels in 48 of the 50 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Over the years, I've owned a Honda, a Yamaha, a BSA, 3 BMWs, a Harley, and a handful of European off road bikes. Now in all honesty most of those were arranged marriages, a small wallet begets limited choices; but never was I in love with any of those bikes when I bought them.

Some of these machines were basic workmanlike transportation, some of them were high class (although a little long in the tooth) touring bikes, others had "features" that made them down right dangerous at speed. Check out the number of aftermarket fixes available to try and keep the rear wheel of a rubber mounted Harley in line with the front, its enough to put you off your feed quickly and yet an HD despite its many obvious flaws will make you remember what motorcycling is about.

For years I lived with, and learned to love, my '66 BMW r50 which I bought for $500 with 115K miles and then sold at 240K miles (because I felt the need for more speed). Of all the motorcycles I have owned, that was the only one that I have ever been able to count on to get me where I was going - every time, no matter what the weather.

The rest of them, the /5 BMWs included, have left me stranded on innumerable occasions with faulty diode boards, broken chains, snapped cables, fouled plugs, parts that have vibrated loose (Harley), etc.. The more complex they were, the more often they seemed to break down; usually in the middle of nowhere. There is a reason that the British motorcycle industry collapsed and it had nothing to do with "nice people" on Hondas; and everything to do with quality control and the fact that every British bike seemed to be designed by a guy who thought that if 2 moving parts were sufficient to do the job then 5 must be better.

On most of my bikes I have carried a complete tool kit, spare points and condensers and plugs, a set of bulbs and fuses taped inside the headlight shell, a complete set of control cables taped parallel to the installed cables and inner tubes.

EFI and solid state electrics have always scared me, because I know that I cant fix them, and in my experience every motorcycle is going to break down, none of them are perfect. My Vision is far from perfect , the ignition switch failed at mile 83 and the handle bar mount radio controls are iffy at best.

This is the first NEW motorcycle that I have bought since 1972; and I started planning how to raid my retirement account to buy it after one test ride. Its also the weirdest looking thing since the Vincent Black Knight, and I love it utterly because:

1) It handles like a bike 1/2 its weight
2) It has the best stock seat in the business, and my passenger (wife) agrees.
3) It was built for tall guys like me,who are tired of being crammed into shoes that dont fit, cars with no head or leg room, beds that are too short and are fed up with department stores that wont carry anything longer than a 34" inseam.
4) It has more power than I ever hope to need.
5) Best of all I get to help give an American a job, and I dont feel like I might be asked to drink the Kool-Aid one day.

You'll know me when you see me - I'm the guy with the silly grin stuck on his face every time he gets off the bike.

BUT I WILL BITCH , when I see fit, 'cause its my right to do so, as it is your right to not read anything I might say.

In many ways a Forum like this is just like the road. You never know who you'll meet, or what will happen; and while it's not always pleasant, its always real. Thats what makes it fun and educational. A forum is a place to exchange ideas , we dont have to agree, we just have to try to be civil.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-08-07 11:01 PM (#15543 - in reply to #15362)

Visionary

So Cal
Im with you on the ride rather than the destination. Most of the time I have no idea what to do once I reach my destination. Always have a diffrent return route planned. The Vision is the second bike Ive owned with a radio. First with fuel injection. Came off a '02 e-glide, so most of the bells and whistles on the Vision dont get used much anyway. I try the cruise control on my way for service just to make sure its working. Dont use it otherwise. Outside of the dimples, everything that has failed on my Vision has been addressed by the dealer. Problems so far, oil press. switch leak and ipod issues. Battery went dead once due to trunk light switch, also repaired by the dealer. Gear indicator has been reading incorrect gear for the last two weeks, going in sat. for repair. Dealer will repair it while I wait. In fact everything has been done while I wait. May take a second trip if parts need to be ordered, but it has never stayed overnight at the dealer.

This bike has more features than any bike Ive ever owned. Im with most of you, I may never use it, but if its there it should work. My first dealer told me to keep the trunk light switched off, I asked why it had a jamb switch on it if it was ment to be kept off?

I dont know if Im just lucky? but my last three bikes have been very dependable. (2 HD's & now the Vision) Riding HD most of my adult life, its very easy to get caught up in the accessory craze. When I bought my Vision the first thing I looked at in the catalog were the stage kits. Thanks to Victory's delays in the level 2's I have come to realize its not that important, the Vision runs great right out of the box. Which is more than I can say for my last 2 HD's. Both required tweaking before I could reach 90 comfortably. In fact I had just redone my e-glide (70k on it) thinking I would run it till it wore out and rebuild it again, since the new HD' dont look much diffrent than my six year old eglide. Not to mention the goodies I would have to buy to get it the way I want it.

I grew up in a steel town so "buy american" was something you learned, and did without thinking about it. So, when the Vision came out I ordered one without even test riding one. I did research the dependability of the drivetrain. What I found was very impressive.
Ive had it for 10 months now and I dont regret my decision. The Visions atributes far out weigh its short commings. I have since, sold my e-glide and 2nd car (never use either much anyway, wife gets the truck). Never was much for 4 wheeled vehicles. Much easier to throw a helmet on and a leg over. Definately more fun, even the short errand runs seem more exciting.

And if the 2014 Vision looks like my '08 I'll probably just keep rebuilding it. No reason to replace something that work so good.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™