You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

finally, Hope that I am not Alone
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

RotnRat
Posted 2008-07-11 8:10 PM (#13372)
Subject: finally, Hope that I am not Alone

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
I first heard of Victory Motorcycles about a month and a half ago as I was watching the "How It's Made" on the Discovery Channel. They had an episode that showed how the Vision is built, I said to myself, "man thats one beautiful motorcycle" I hadn't been on a bike for over ten years but spent the next week or so comparing the Vision to Wings and Harleys on the internet and mumbling to myself..... or so I thought, about what a beautiful machine the vision was. My wife saw me pining after it for a couple of weeks and told me "We might as well go see if we can get it, you wont be happy tell we do" so on the 10th of last month we went to look at one and I pulled of the lot at 5:00 PM that day on my new Midnight Cherry Vision Tour Comfort!

Since then I have put 5800 miles on it, My wife and I have been to Louisiana and back, I have taken it all over the greater Houston area, Beaumont, Sealy, and all the way to Monroe Wisconsin and then on the return trip I stopped at the house for a quick shower and clothes change and headed to San Antonio and back.

The point is that in all that traveling I have not seen a single other Vision on the road. I have fielded the questions from the crowds whenever I fuel up, have had people roll down there windows at stop lights to talk to me, get the stares and thumbs ups from people passing me and once at a rest stop some place in the middle of Missouri I heard someone say "Thank You" and when I asked what for he said "Thanks for finally stopping, I've had my wife chasing you for 40 miles hoping you would pull over somewhere so I could get a look at that thing"! But I have not had the privilege of seeing one on the road myself.

At least not until today that is. My tags finally came in and I had to go by the dealership to pick them up and while I was there I met a fellow Vision owner, Tazmaniac, and had a nice chat with him, then when it was time to leave, even though I didn't have my Vision, I followed him down 59 for a ways in my Impala and thought "MAN THATS ONE BEAUTIFUL MOTORCYCLE"!! Thanks Tazmaniac, it gives me hope now that there are other vision riders out there on the rode, oh I knew there were other OWNERS, but I have had my doubts about other RIDERS.........
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SongFan
Posted 2008-07-11 9:48 PM (#13381 - in reply to #13372)
Subject: RE: finally, Hope that I am not Alone

Visionary

Memphis

I'm not sure anyone has the exact number of '08 Visions on the road but it is probably less than 2,000.  Odds of seeing one out and about are pretty slim.  There are three that I know of in the Memphis area and two of us have over 10,000 local miles each and have never seen each other except at the dealer. 

This is a very limited edition bike.  My friends call it Bigfoot.  A lot of motorcycle people know about it and have seen pictures/reviews of it but mine is always the first one they have seen in person.  People who have never heard of the Vision literally have no idea what they are looking at.  They know they like it but have no clue what it is.

visionbob
Posted 2008-07-11 10:36 PM (#13383 - in reply to #13372)

Cruiser

Cumming, GA
We had our VMC rally in Helen, GA the first of June with about 150 riders from the SE VMC. Of those, we had about 10 Visions.

Needless to say, we got the majority of the attention.

Go to your area rallys and to your local chapters of the VMC (www.thevmc.com). You will meet some great guys and gals and see some Visions alone with the other great Victory models.
Flyer
Posted 2008-07-12 5:56 AM (#13391 - in reply to #13372)

New user

I know the feeling I am the owner of 1 of 2 visions that the local dealer has sold. I have yet to see the other guy and our town is less than 50K people.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-12 7:18 AM (#13392 - in reply to #13372)
Subject: Re: finally, Hope that I am not Alone

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Where i live in Sw PA i havent seen any others on the road either. I was told there is one more, but i never see it. And in a selfish way i like it like that.. lol I feel like a rockstar! I have had people drive past me and take my photo with their camera phone.. at first it creeped me out..Now im used to it. I even had police come up to me asking me "what is that thing?" I also had another guy ask me if it too gasoline..! He thought it was some sort of Fuel cell bike.. I also catch people who ride who are too proud to ask you what it is, but you see them looking at you the whole time... I get alot of people "almost everyday" that says it looks like a bike that would be on the cartoon THE JETSONS... But they means that in a respectful way. I have heard alot of the WTF! when they pull up next to me at a light.. I love the double take people do... thats the best.
mkultra
Posted 2008-07-12 8:13 AM (#13393 - in reply to #13372)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
As an X-Harley snob the best for me is when im on a ride and stop for gas or a coffee and watch from inside the store as pretty much everybody stops and looks, then when you see the Harley riders really checking the Vision out and i walk out they all of a sudden go back to the Harley attitude. A lot of them will ask about it but then there are the ones that try to act like they dont like it. Makes me chuckle because just a couple of minutes earlier they were bent over looking at everything on the bike. The only one other that the dealers i have seen on the road is last weeks ride to Payson, i passed a Black Cherry one along the road. I turned around and went back, pulled over and chatted with the owner and pretty much laughed and shared the same stories that ive read about on this forum.

mike v
RotnRat
Posted 2008-07-12 8:28 AM (#13395 - in reply to #13372)

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
Speaking about police, on our trip to Louisiana neither my wife or I owned a helmet, it was the day after we got the Vision and had already had this trip planed with her parents, except we decided to take the motorcycle. We Rode right past at least 2 state troopers had the local law follow us for a bit, saw 2 other cops and who knows how many we didn't see that saw us. The morning we were about to head back to Texas we stopped in this little diner for breakfast, when we went in we met an off duty officer who was also a biker. The first thing he told us was "You know Louisiana has a helmet law don't you?" I told him that I wasn't sure and with as many officers that we saw on the trip that there must not be a helmet law. He told me that they must have been to busy looking at that motorcycle to notice our heads, I tend to agree with him, lol. anyway we made the trip back without incident and got helmets the next day.
etspastimes
Posted 2008-07-12 8:38 AM (#13396 - in reply to #13372)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
On the question about: If there are any Vision riders out there? I have noticed that most of them have several thousand miles on them, even though we still have 3 months or so till they have their 1st birthday. I turned 17,708 miles 2 days ago. And I know that there is another Vision in this small town of Salisbury, NC. I have seen it pass one of the local watering holes while I was having a cold one. But, we have yet to meet in person. I have also seen a couple in my travels, most of the time, we will stop and talk. I will say it looks strange to see another one pass and it looks like my bike. But who cares if I don't see another one, I know they are out there and I'm riding the best riding bike I have ever been on. ET
Rebel
Posted 2008-07-12 9:47 AM (#13401 - in reply to #13372)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
There's a guy a work that has a Vision just like mine, but he has the Comfort where I have the Premium. However, he lives way out in the boonies, so I only see him for about 30 seconds as we leave work. I met a guy who told me there was another guy in my town that has a Vision, but I have yet to see him nor do I know where he got it because the guy at work and I are the only Visions my local dealer sold.

One of the most exciting moments since I got the bike was riding down the road in Traverse City, MI, and seeing GAgirlTrixie coming out of a parking lot. We then went up to the Grand Traverse Resort to check out all the bikes for the Kyle Petty Charity ride where there were 2 other Visions (including Richard's...). 4 Visions in one place that wasn't a dealership floor. Pretty cool!
tralphaz
Posted 2008-07-12 10:58 AM (#13405 - in reply to #13381)

Tourer

SongFan - 2008-07-11 6:48 PM

I'm not sure anyone has the exact number of '08 Visions on the road but it is probably less than 2,000. Odds of seeing one out and about are pretty slim.

Here's an earlier post that claims more than 3500.........
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=490&post...
Rebel
Posted 2008-07-12 11:56 AM (#13410 - in reply to #13372)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
From the cited post:
I read in a financial site, in july, that pre orders were around 3500. That wasnt sold units, just dealer orders.
It's not really a clear indication of the number of Visions on the road, since my dealer sold 2 and still has 3 sitting on the floor.
Len Rhymes
Posted 2008-07-12 3:03 PM (#13413 - in reply to #13410)

Jacksonville Florida
In the Victory Riders magazine they say that there will be 1 Vision on the line and there maybe a Hammer behind that and a Jackpot behind that so the numbers are not sequential. We do know that there were something like 1835 visions recalled for the ignition switch mod so I would think 2000 or more would be a good figure. As for Victory telling us how many are actually on the road "forget about it."
Rebel
Posted 2008-07-12 7:56 PM (#13423 - in reply to #13372)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Amazingly enough, the wife and I were in the truck this afternoon going to a party and I passed a Vision Tour going the other way on a little back road. Now I gotta hunt that guy down and find out who it is.
bsquared62
Posted 2008-07-13 10:29 AM (#13447 - in reply to #13372)

Cruiser

Woodstock, GA
What do you suppose is the reason why there are still unsold '08's in the dealer showrooms? I took mine in for service yesterday, and he still has 2 left of his allocation of 10. I for one would rather the club be more "exclusive" - when I rode my HD Ultra, I would pull into a parking lot at bike night next to 25-30 other Ultras. You had to look close to make sure it was yours!

I've had a lot of comments, most of which are positive. The biggest "slap" I've received to date was yesterday - some guy said "what is that, a giant Vespa?". He rides a POS little sportster, so you have to consider the source (LOL)...
cw1115
Posted 2008-07-13 11:40 AM (#13457 - in reply to #13372)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
One of my co-workers told me it "looks like a giant scooter". Just jealous I guess. I went to a local bike night in Tampa last week at the Harley dealership. It was fun to watch all the people walk over and check out my bike.
docvtx
Posted 2008-07-13 12:54 PM (#13468 - in reply to #13372)

Cruiser

Santa Maria CA
I went 6100 miles coast to coast and didn't see any other Visions. I ride my vision every day 140 miles and never see any other Vision. The one question I get asked is who makes it and were, then ask who Victory is. I even told one person that it was a protype bike, thats why he had never seen one before. The firist time I went to bike night with the Vision I parked out the way, one of the bike shop owner found out that i owned it and ask me to bring up front under the lights so people could se it easier. It drew a crowd. The bike is being pin striped right know, the theme is MARCHING TO MARS with a Marvin the Martina on the saddle bags. when its all done I will post some Pics, so far it looks cool.
Newfie
Posted 2008-07-13 2:51 PM (#13476 - in reply to #13372)

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
There are 4 Vic dealers within 100 miles of Red Deer, AB. I have over 6500 miles on my bike in the last 3 1/2 months and I have only seen 1 other Vision on the Road. Early afternoon, Friday, June 27th South bound on the QEII between Edmonton and Leduc. Midnight Cherry Tour just like mine. All I could think was "Holy cow....it's a Vision." It was interesting to see the look of surprise on his face when I pulled up in the lane along side him. All I could think was.....Damn that looks good. I have yet to see another one stopped so I could talk face to face with another Vision Pilot.
varyder
Posted 2008-07-13 4:21 PM (#13478 - in reply to #13476)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Newfie - 2008-07-13 2:51 PM There are 4 Vic dealers within 100 miles of Red Deer, AB. I have over 6500 miles on my bike in the last 3 1/2 months and I have only seen 1 other Vision on the Road. Early afternoon, Friday, June 27th South bound on the QEII between Edmonton and Leduc. Midnight Cherry Tour just like mine. All I could think was "Holy cow....it's a Vision." It was interesting to see the look of surprise on his face when I pulled up in the lane along side him. All I could think was.....Damn that looks good. I have yet to see another one stopped so I could talk face to face with another Vision Pilot.

No big surprise on my part, but we have one of those classic car shows on the weekend at a local Hardee's which I went to for the first time and saw another Vision. It was the owners of the local Victory dealer who rides a Grey one and of course of the M/C. Both got a lot of comments and questions. But the one bike that really turned my head but never got to talk to was one true classic. I would have been willing to trade my Vision for it on the spot. I don't believe I would ever see one again unless it is back at the car show. It was a Vespa with a sidecar! Well, I don't know about trading except to exchange rides, but that was one cool looking little giddyup.

I took the time to lay my Vision on the tip overs to demonstrate to a few that were standing their asking questions about the bike. They were thoroughly impressed. The Harley riders were just standing there looking from afar when I did that and even drew a small crowd at a distance. I was wondering what they were saying? I'll probably do it again next time I go up there and leave it like that the entire time.

rainmaker
Posted 2008-07-13 10:35 PM (#13498 - in reply to #13468)

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
docvtx - 2008-07-13 11:54 AM

I went 6100 miles coast to coast and didn't see any other Visions. I ride my vision every day 140 miles and never see any other Vision. The one question I get asked is who makes it and were, then ask who Victory is. I even told one person that it was a protype bike, thats why he had never seen one before. The firist time I went to bike night with the Vision I parked out the way, one of the bike shop owner found out that i owned it and ask me to bring up front under the lights so people could se it easier. It drew a crowd. The bike is being pin striped right know, the theme is MARCHING TO MARS with a Marvin the Martina on the saddle bags. when its all done I will post some Pics, so far it looks cool.

I'd love to do some pin striping, but I'm not very clever. Do you have pictures you can share. I won't copy yours, but would like to see what you did. Also, is it hand painted or tape?
varyder
Posted 2008-07-13 11:15 PM (#13502 - in reply to #13457)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

cw1115 - 2008-07-13 11:40 AM One of my co-workers told me it "looks like a giant scooter". Just jealous I guess. I went to a local bike night in Tampa last week at the Harley dealership. It was fun to watch all the people walk over and check out my bike.

The more I see people size up the Vision, I think they really find it intimadating and intriguing. Everyone that looks at it and size it up to be comfortable without even sitting on it. But at the same time, they see it as a big bike and hard to handle. I only can reply that to ride it is to love it.

cjnoho
Posted 2008-07-14 12:44 AM (#13514 - in reply to #13372)

Visionary

So Cal
Here in LA it takes a lot for someone to talk to someone they dont know. With the Vision, I get questions at least twice a day. A few have heard of them and want to know what I think? The rest just love the lines and want to know more? I never get tired of talking about the Vision. I want everyone to know how great this bike really is!!!
Baddog69
Posted 2008-07-15 1:14 AM (#13596 - in reply to #13372)

Cruiser

Billings, MT

I love my Vision!  I got it the second week of Februray, since then I have logged 8900 miles!  I rode her to to New Orleans, from Billings Montana. During that trip I never saw another Vision!  I got more looks than I can count, i could not put gas in her with out talking to at least two people about her!

Damn what a ride!

I added a kit of LED accent lights lights to her, now with those on in a parking lot, everybody that sees her stops to talk about her or just stares!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™