You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

excessive heat
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

1atom12
Posted 2008-07-07 4:12 PM (#13049 - in reply to #12866)
Subject: Re: excessive heat

Tourer

Atlanta Area
Thanks Spock, that's the answer I was looking for. As long as the Vision is cooler than my 2007 Ultra, that's all I needed to know. Even with the power commander to cool it down, my Ultra will cook the inside of your right thigh at a traffic light.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Len Rhymes
Posted 2008-07-07 8:57 PM (#13070 - in reply to #13049)
Subject: Re: excessive heat

Jacksonville Florida
I have the CNC aluminum filter and use Repsol 10/40 full synthetic. My temperature indicator did drop 10 degrees on a typical 93 degree day. Now i finally have my Level 2 pipes on which I'm told is supposed to help a bit to. Before the install of the pipes I had the headers, crossover tube and heat shields ceramic coated. This seems to have hepled a bit to. I can't put my hands on the headers but I can hold my hands within a 1/4 in. Which I could not do before. But the real answer is in the fuel mapping. I have been told that E.P.A. requires manufactuers to have a 17 to 1 air fuel ratio. But most techs think it should be 14 or 15 to 1. Thats the next project when the Dyno Jet comes back to Polaris of Gainsville.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™