You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Ipod vs. MP3
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Magic
Posted 2008-06-16 11:55 AM (#11907)
Subject: Ipod vs. MP3

Cruiser

San Antonio, Texas
OK, it's probably a stupid question, but I'm old.

I know about the mp3 connector and the availability of the Ipod connector. It always says that with the Ipod, you can see your titles and control things from the handlebar controls. Does that mean if I go to Wally World and get an inexpensive mp3 player that I will not be able to control it from the handlebars because it's not an Ipod? Do I have to spring for the Ipod connectors and the Ipod to be able to do that?

TIA for your response.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2008-06-16 12:18 PM (#11910 - in reply to #11907)
Subject: Re: Ipod vs. MP3

Visionary

Brighton, TN
You are correct as you stated. I have Creative Labs Zen that I just plug into. Have to control it from its own controls, not the handlebars.
Yes, you have to spring for all the IPOD stuff, if that's the way you roll.
varyder
Posted 2008-06-16 12:51 PM (#11916 - in reply to #11907)
Subject: RE: Ipod vs. MP3

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I think the Victory Vision is the most expensive iPod dock/player on the market today. Of course, only if it is not the hard drive models.
space_cwboy
Posted 2008-06-16 5:03 PM (#11936 - in reply to #11907)
Subject: Re: Ipod vs. MP3

Cruiser

Evergreen, CO
Magic -

I have an MP3 player that I use on my Vision. I have many songs in numerous "folders". When I start out, I select a "folder" on my MP3 player, set the MP3 to shuffle mode, the nselect AUX on the Vision. The volume of the music is stil controllable from the Vision, but if you want a readout of what song is playing, or the ability to scroll through songs, you are out of luck with an MP3 player. I prefer the MP3, cause after you light it off, it is a no fuss, no muss source of music you have placed on the MP3. If there is a song you don't like, delete it off the MP3 the next time it is off the Vision. My single AA battery in my MP3 player lasts a LONG time (multiple days of full day riding), so the iPOD cable recharge capability is of no issue to me either. If I want to change music "folders", I do that at a gas stop, or pull over, as I believe that trying to do such things while underway are unsafe.
TimS
Posted 2008-06-16 7:00 PM (#11939 - in reply to #11916)

Iron Butt

Not quite the most expensive.  I looked at a 2008 Accord EX.  They said it was $700 - $800 to dock an iPOD to their car system.
TimS
Posted 2008-06-16 7:02 PM (#11940 - in reply to #11907)

Iron Butt

One other note.  The iPOD cable supports audio signals, control signals and On/Off power for the iPOD.  If you use the AUX stereo minijack cable, you still need to power your MP3 player separately.  The AUX cable does not supply power.

HTH,

Tim 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™