You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision Accessory Wish List
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

TimS
Posted 2008-06-02 7:03 PM (#11278)
Subject: Vision Accessory Wish List

Iron Butt

All,

Here is a link to voice your Vision Accessory Wish list. I hope they are listening.

Tim 

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/VRA/Insider/PureSurvey.htm

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Breaker
Posted 2008-06-02 11:29 PM (#11288 - in reply to #11278)
Subject: Re: Vision Accessory Wish List

Iron Butt

Western WA
This kind of stumped me, off the top of my head I can't think of anything. I'm sure there is something. . .

What would others ask for?
TimS
Posted 2008-06-02 11:33 PM (#11290 - in reply to #11288)

Iron Butt

Here is what I mentioned:  Some are accessories, some are changes/mods.

2)       SAFETY FEATURES:

a.       Stop, Turn, Tail (STT) kit for the Vision’s tour pack (SAFETY FEATURE).  The center chrome piece that says “VICTORY” could be a red brake light lens with the chrome letters “VICTORY” on top of the red lens.

b.       Drivers heated seat switch mounted up front by driver. (SAFETY FEATURE).  Both hands should be on the handle bars, not digging around behind you under the passenger.

c.       Driving light switch mounted on handle bar (SAFETY FEATURE) so hands do not have to come off the handle bars while night driving in the canyons.

3)       MORE STORAGE:

a.       Inner-saddle bag and door kit that encloses more storage (i.e. redo internal black plastic to enclose entire area with weather proof stripping including hinge and XM Satellite area).  The saddlebag liners are useless because of the decreased diameter of the access hole in the saddlebags.  Saddlebags are too small for 2-up touring.  There is still a lot of room behind the saddlebags and the rear tire that could possibly be used as deeper storage space.

b.       Trailer hitch (because the inside of the saddle bags are too small and too inaccessible).

c.       Better (i.e. longer) trunk rack that doesn’t allow bag to scratch the top of the painted trunk.

4)       More Chrome (get rid of the gray)

a.       Chrome forks

b.       Chrome passenger’s grab handle kit.

c.       Chrome rear-tip over protectors

d.       Chrome calipers

e.       Chrome master cylinders

f.         Chrome flag poles (POW/MIA and USA)

5)       Passenger armrest with cup holders.

6)       Running lights with 55 watt PIAA lights in place of the 35 watt bulbs

7)       Xeon HID High/Low H4 beam kit.

8)       Better trunk lid retaining strap designed with the luggage rack in mind.  Mine snapped and about destroyed the lid by falling forward onto the passenger’s backrest.

9)       Speaker volume and clarity and headset volume and clarity designed with Level 1 pipes in mind.  They work fine with stock pipes, but can’t compensate for Level 1 pipes.

10)   Utopia has come out with a driver’s backrest.

11)   Better paint and clear coat that doesn’t scratch so easily.

space_cwboy
Posted 2008-06-02 11:52 PM (#11291 - in reply to #11278)

Cruiser

Evergreen, CO
I actually sent them a number of items....
1. Higher quality and better looking lower wind deflectors to keep my legs from cooking in the summer and freezing in the winter.
2. VERY SLIGHT redesign of the LCD readouts
3. Better LED lighting for the large V tail light/turn signals/brake light
4. Improved velcro tape sticky on the saddlebag cargo nets so they will really work
5. Updated halogen lights for fork mounted "fog lights" - current wattage not worth the cost
6. Highway pegs whose tops and mount are at most flush with upper rubber of footboards....current ones with a lip are dangerous to get feet off and on the floorboards with the highway peg lip being higher than the floorboard.
7. Precut filler panel available for us that have the Tour model, but have purchased the factory backrest, and want a "convertible" motorcycle.
8. Handlebars with an additional 2" of pullback (probably #1 on my list of "accessories" desired).
9. A seat, at least as comfortable as the stock one, that has built in provisions for a rider backrest, similar to the product offered by Utopia for the Vision.

I added a couple of other "ideas" that didn't really fall into the "accessory" category, but while I was doing a data dump on my wish list, I added them.....
TimS
Posted 2008-06-03 12:51 AM (#11295 - in reply to #11291)

Iron Butt

I agree with #8.  I could use about 2" of pullback and about 10 degrees more bend in the bars.  The grips should be perpendicular to the driver's shoulders, not their spine for an natural wrist position.

Tim 

okthenbye
Posted 2008-06-03 1:39 AM (#11296 - in reply to #11278)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
The last time I made any suggestions to this website I was advised to check with my dealer. I asked about a Heel Toe shifter, nobody could advise me if it will even be available or when. So far the only option is modifying a Kingpin shifter. The Heel Toe for a Vision should be longer at the back end to allow ample floorboard space. The Kingpin shifter will be somewhat limiting.
varyder
Posted 2008-06-03 6:17 AM (#11299 - in reply to #11278)
Subject: RE: Vision Accessory Wish List

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I've asked for a bag that will fit the pillion and act as a backrest. Solid and waterproof, in essence, Vision luggage.
etspastimes
Posted 2008-06-03 8:08 AM (#11302 - in reply to #11296)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
I have found that the Kingpin shifter in the back adjustment hole works quite well with my size 12 boots on the Vision. I don't use the last couple of inches of the floorboard anyway. ET
lowtone9
Posted 2008-06-03 6:30 PM (#11326 - in reply to #11302)

Cruiser

ABS, more motor.
flint350
Posted 2008-06-06 11:01 AM (#11501 - in reply to #11278)

Cruiser

Baltimore, Md
How about a simple wired headset plug-in for the audio system without having to buy an unwanted $500 CB system? Seems like a simple thing, but to require the CB system at $500 is a bit much. Does anyone really use CB much anymore?
TimS
Posted 2008-06-06 12:10 PM (#11503 - in reply to #11501)

Iron Butt

FWIW, our riding club uses CB's all of the time. The Road Captain and the Tail Gunner are always in contact. It saves a lot of time, confusion and lives when group riding. It helps when the group gets separated by traffic lights and other obstructions. It allows the road captain to pass back road conditions, directions and to halt the group when there is an issue that calls for it. It allows for other riders to effectively communicate issues to the Road Captain and Tail Gunner (needed fuel stop, flat tire or I GOT TO GO PEE !!! =).

I have ridden in groups that do not use them and it can turn into chaos.  Recently, we were doing a multi-chapter ride.  We were in the twisties on a 2 lane road with a double yellow line with a couple of guys in front of us from another chapter.  The 2 guys from the other chapter did not have CB's and we had just closed the gap on them from behind.  An idiot in a pickup truck decided he was going to cross the double line and pass the entire line of bikes in a single pass.  Our tail gunner forwarded the warning to our Road Captain who then sent the hand signals backwards.  Our entire chapter moved as one to the right of the road and slowed down to avoid the pending disaster.  The bike in front of us looked in his rear view mirror and saw our entire chapter do this move and soon discovered the speeding truck.  He tried frantically to get the attention of his buddy in front of him who was starting a left hand turn.  He used his horn, waved, yelled, etc., but could not get his attention.  His buddy happened to look into his rear view mirror at the last minute before entering the turn and broke off.  He would have been T-Boned at high speed while we were all watching in horror.  When we regrouped at the multi-chapter meet spot.  The 2 guys from our other chapter suddenly had a great interest in equiping their chapters with CB's.  They witnessed 1st hand how valuable they are.  BTW, on our group rides, the CB is not used for normal chit-chat.

Tim

Edited by TimS 2008-06-06 12:28 PM
flint350
Posted 2008-06-06 3:55 PM (#11509 - in reply to #11278)

Cruiser

Baltimore, Md
Very valid reasons for the CB in group situations and a good story to make the point. Still, not all of us ride in groups or not that often and my point is a simple headset plug could easily be wired in without requiring a $600 CB that many will not use or need. It doesn't diminish your group's use of it, but it doesn't justify making solo riders pay that high a premium for a simple plug in socket to listen to the stereo without the wind noise on the interstate. I guess it just gripes me that I have to buy a very expensive option that I won't ever use just to get a $10 plug.
TimS
Posted 2008-06-06 7:07 PM (#11520 - in reply to #11509)

Iron Butt

Ray,

I hear you.  If the radio manufacturer would have exposed pre-amp outputs, it would have made it a piece of cake to add larger/better power amplifiers as well has a headphone jack.

Tim 

Rock Star
Posted 2008-06-08 6:14 AM (#11560 - in reply to #11278)

Cruiser

Park City, Utah
what to say? I agree with ALL of the items listed so far. Heel/toe for sure. and very true that the back of the boards are useless. The highwy pegs are in the way as stated and I feel a safety issue. a new mount should be made and retro fit (safety issue)

also I agree with all th following as VERY important to me....

2) SAFETY FEATURES:

a. Stop, Turn, Tail (STT) kit for the Vision's tour pack (SAFETY FEATURE).

b. Drivers heated seat switch mounted up front by driver. (SAFETY FEATURE). Both hands should be on the handle bars, not digging around behind you under the passenger. THE LOCATION OF THESE is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c. Driving light switch mounted on handle bar (SAFETY FEATURE) so hands do not have to come off the handle bars while night driving in the canyons.

3) MORE STORAGE:

c. Better (i.e. longer) trunk rack that doesn't allow bag to scratch the top of the painted trunk.

4) More Chrome (get rid of the gray)

5) Passenger armrest with cup holders.

6) Running lights with 55 watt PIAA lights in place of the 35 watt bulbs

1. Higher quality and better looking lower wind deflectors to keep my legs from cooking in the summer and freezing in the winter.

3. Better LED lighting for the large V tail light/turn signals/brake light

5. Updated halogen lights for fork mounted "fog lights" - current wattage not worth the cost SO TRUE!!!!
6. Highway pegs whose tops and mount are at most flush with upper rubber of footboards....current ones with a lip are dangerous to get feet off and on the floorboards with the highway peg lip being higher than the floorboard. YES!!!!!!

7. Precut filler panel available for us that have the Tour model, but have purchased the factory backrest, and want a "convertible" motorcycle. EXACTLY!!!!

8. Handlebars with an additional 2" of pullback (probably #1 on my list of "accessories" desired).

9. A seat, at least as comfortable as the stock one, that has built in provisions for a rider backrest, similar to the product offered by Utopia for the Vision. THIS WOULD BE A DREAM TO HAVE

7) Xeon HID High/Low H4 beam kit.

8) Better trunk lid retaining strap designed with the luggage rack in mind. Mine snapped and about destroyed the lid by falling forward onto the passenger's backrest.

9) Speaker volume and CLARITY and headset volume and clarity

11) Better paint and clear coat that doesn't scratch so easily. HELLO!!! this is mandatory

Edited by Rock Star 2008-06-08 6:18 AM
TimS
Posted 2008-06-09 12:02 AM (#11585 - in reply to #11560)

Iron Butt

Here is another item.

Accessories MADE IN USA BY US CITIZENS !!!

I just got the lower wind deflectors and they come from Taiwan =(. 

g1nomad
Posted 2008-06-09 9:03 PM (#11623 - in reply to #11278)
Subject: RE: Vision Accessory Wish List

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
I'd like a 2nd gear in between 1st & 2¾.
donetracey
Posted 2008-06-09 9:41 PM (#11627 - in reply to #11278)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
I'd like some changes to existing options. How about ONE button for cruise control - "SET" - who needs 'on', 'resume' and crap?
Same goes for left hand stereo controls, and heated seats. Why not decent speakers - instead of having to order 'after market'?
Long_Will
Posted 2008-06-10 8:13 AM (#11646 - in reply to #11296)

Puddle Jumper

Quincy Massachusetts
Kingpin shifter works great, plenty of room, I have been running this for 6 months + with no problems, size 12 harness boots.

Installation is easy.

Edited by Long_Will 2008-06-10 8:15 AM
Rock Star
Posted 2008-06-10 10:38 AM (#11659 - in reply to #11278)

Cruiser

Park City, Utah
I sent this to my dealer and here is his response... proof I have a great dealer who is making this bike ALL it can be.

Doug, We installed one on a Vision, the heel when shifted down hits the floor board and the front goes almost to the plastic. It can work but is not right. We are going to have a new shifter block made that is higher to accommodate the heel toe shifter.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™