You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

hot right side
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

tom
Posted 2008-07-04 1:34 AM (#12847)
Subject: hot right side

Cruiser

what can be done to stop the heat on the right side,will free flow exhaust let the heat out .or has anyone made some shield or something. tnx. tom
Top of the page Bottom of the page
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-07-04 12:45 PM (#12872 - in reply to #12847)
Subject: Re: hot right side

Cruiser

Florida
I've been talking to a good custom bike designer about this issue and he's working on a fix. We're looking at the possiblity of placing Header Wraps around the pipes where they come out of the engine and under the heat shields. I'll keep you posted. In the Florida heat, this is a problem. Those in cooler weather climates might have not noticed just how much heat is generated on the right side by the floorboards.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-07-04 3:44 PM (#12878 - in reply to #12847)

Visionary

So Cal
I notice more heat from the left side near the oil cooler more that the right. Never really felt any excess heat on the right even in tripple didgets here in CA.
Spock
Posted 2008-07-04 9:12 PM (#12898 - in reply to #12878)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

I find if you wear boots and jeans you won't feel the heat as much as if you wear shoes of any kind. Also the lower wind deflectors available from Victory help a lot and they will keep you warmer in the cold weather also. O yes the highway pegs are also a must as being able to move your feet out just a little gets them away from the heat. If you ride a Harley Ultra, or Gold Wing GL1800 wind deflectors are a must in the heat and the Vision is no exception. I think the lower wind deflectors for the Vision work better than the ones available for the Harley or Gold Wing.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™