You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Tour Bag
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Codfather
Posted 2008-07-18 2:44 PM (#13799)
Subject: Tour Bag

Cruiser

I just received Saddlemen"s BR4100 dresser bag and it fits snug into the tour seat and also acts as a backrest to the driver. This bag holds 67 liters of storage,insulated pouches and plenty of fasterners to fit it to the bike. At 135.00 it seems reasonable also. www.cycleluggage.com Clik on Trunk Bags

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Wizard523
Posted 2008-07-18 5:33 PM (#13807 - in reply to #13799)
Subject: RE: Tour Bag

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
That sounds great, especially given the limited space in the trunk and saddlebags.

But I frequently ride 2 up, so at times I need the back seat for "other cargo". Do you have any ideas for a bag that would fit the luggage rack? I had a luggage rack installed when I purchased the bike, and while it looks good, it doesn't seem very functional. I am ideally looking for something that will fit, have reasonable capacity, and not overhang to the point where it scratches the paint (and I someday hope to win the lottery too!).

I know I'm probably asking a lot given the size of the rack, but any help would be appreciated. In the meantime, I will check out the web site you reference and see what they have.

Thanks for the tip!

Codfather
Posted 2008-07-18 7:55 PM (#13817 - in reply to #13799)
Subject: Re: Tour Bag

Cruiser

I went to Target and got a $12.00 backrest to add to this bag and I have never been so comfortable. It slips right into the space for your back and feels perfect. This bag comes with straps to tie it down to the bike. This is the best $$$ I have spent on my Vision.
StarChief
Posted 2008-07-18 8:41 PM (#13819 - in reply to #13817)

Cruiser

Altoona, Wisconsin
Codfather - 2008-07-18 6:55 PM

I went to Target and got a $12.00 backrest to add to this bag and I have never been so comfortable. It slips right into the space for your back and feels perfect. This bag comes with straps to tie it down to the bike. This is the best $$$ I have spent on my Vision.

What is the backrest you got at Target? The Saddlemen Tour Bag looks like a great fit, but I can see where a backrest would make it even better. I definitely need to look into this.
RotnRat
Posted 2008-07-18 10:24 PM (#13826 - in reply to #13799)
Subject: RE: Tour Bag

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
Any pictures of it on your vision?
Codfather
Posted 2008-07-19 6:25 AM (#13831 - in reply to #13799)

Cruiser

Sorry guys no camara. Target has all kinds of stuff that would work, I got a black backrest for a chair that is a little bit wide but feels great. I hope I have been some help. Bruce
varyder
Posted 2008-07-19 11:21 AM (#13838 - in reply to #13831)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Man. I just went on a business trip for 5 days and sure could have used this bag. Actually, I had seen a bag similar to this that was going for $225 but was on sale for this price $135. I couldn't find that bag again prior to my trip so I settled on a Eddie Bauer rolling duffle. I stood it up right and fix it in the back seat. I have a pic in the gallery. It worked great for my purpose and carries plenty of stuff for a week or more. The down fall is if it is not fully packed it would be harder to work with. I paid $90. It worked great when I got to the hotel, I just rolled away to the room. Also, I just used a small luggage bag for the rack and then used a net to keep it. I also had 3 Laptops in each of their own bags in the rear trunk. This Vision is such a great bike.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™