You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Too much attention?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

sandman
Posted 2008-06-30 4:34 PM (#12624)
Subject: Too much attention?

Cruiser

rhode island
Anyone getting a little tired of all the high 5's' All the time?
this bike draw's more stare's, thumbs up's, car's running up along side
of us and yelling how much this bike is so very cool.
It's a bit strange that a motorcycle can generate this kind of positive reaction.
even B.M.W riders give a thumbs up.

Edited by sandman 2008-06-30 4:35 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Breaker
Posted 2008-06-30 4:41 PM (#12625 - in reply to #12624)
Subject: Re: Too much attention?

Iron Butt

Western WA
I've had several people say "I used to think this bike was so ugly. . .but the more I see it, the more I like it."

I think we are going to get more and more attention as time goes by.

It's the curse of the Vision. But someone has to do it. Might as well be me.

But seriously, I do know what you mean. Sometimes you just want to pop in the store for a quart of milk and get on your way.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-06-30 5:01 PM (#12626 - in reply to #12624)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
ive had my tour premium for 5 days now. And i must say.. This is NOT the bike for someone that wants to be left alone... lol i have had police, kids and everyone in between stare and even take pictures of me riding with their camera phones.. I had one older guys ask if it took gasoline, as he thought it was a fuel cell bike... 8)
Spock
Posted 2008-06-30 5:22 PM (#12628 - in reply to #12624)
Subject: RE: Too much attention?

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

You both are so right. This weekend I had a beautiful blonde in an Audi A4 convertible speed up to get along side of me to give me the thumbs up and I know it was for the bike and not me. She then accelerated fast as to get me to race her and we were going side by side 100 mph down I-35 in Dallas for about 4 miles.

Last week at night I had an Aston Martin DB9 pull up alongside me and the driver rolls down his window giving me the thumbs up and shooting how cool he thinks the Vision looks. I shout back to him thanks and how cool his DB9 is.

I have had Ferraris, Porches, and BMWs to Chevy pickup trucks and semi’s pull up to me and give me all kinds of recognition on how they like the Vision.  It does get tiring. Now I have a glimpse into what totally stunning beautiful women must have to put up with.  

sandman
Posted 2008-06-30 5:35 PM (#12629 - in reply to #12624)

Cruiser

rhode island
Right on Spock, the reason i brought this thread up is I was being chased by a very attractive woman in a late
model caddy, she was hanging back for a while then really porked it! Came up on me very fast and pulled along
side jumping up and down in her seat panting and hands off the wheel 2 thumbs up. This is good.....this is real Good!

Edited by sandman 2008-06-30 5:40 PM
akabubba42
Posted 2008-06-30 8:54 PM (#12639 - in reply to #12629)

Puddle Jumper

You didn't happen to get her plate number and trace it, eh? LMAO
Indiana RoadRunner
Posted 2008-06-30 10:10 PM (#12644 - in reply to #12624)

Tourer

Dale, Indiana
Those pesky lookers and gawkers … darn.

Saturday evening a guy flagged us down as we walked into a restaurant. He was driving by in his car and just had to ask some questions and see the Vision up close.

A couple weeks ago guy came into a fast food restaurant and looked around for the riders of that Vision in the parking lot.

This evening I was at a local truck chrome shop and was having some custom pin striping put on the bike when a couple truck drivers rolled in just to see what kind of "damn bike that was".

If I get back from Dallas in time I am putting my Vision in a local car and bike show on the 4th.
I hope to at least place… entering in a stock class … heck I want a first place (wife and I are spending half the night Thursday detailing the bike for the show).

If nothing else I can sit in my chair while all the onlookers walk by and stop and ask questions …. While I sip my ice tea… a beer would be good since they will have beer and BBQ chicken on the grounds. However, after doing several truck shows, it's about showmanship and image (least for me when in the publics eye).

Guess I don't mind folks giving to much attention and asking questions and gawking at my Vision.

Edited by Indiana RoadRunner 2008-06-30 10:11 PM
dr_reloader
Posted 2008-06-30 10:44 PM (#12645 - in reply to #12624)

Tourer

, FL United States
Now I know how Chevy Chase felt in the movie “National Lampoon's Vacation” with Christie Brinkley. I am going to start brining a camera with me on bike rides so I can take pictures of everyone else.

Edited by dr_reloader 2008-06-30 10:45 PM
Spock
Posted 2008-06-30 11:08 PM (#12646 - in reply to #12645)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

dr_reloader - 2008-06-30 9:44 PM Now I know how Chevy Chase felt in the movie “National Lampoon's Vacation” with Christie Brinkley. I am going to start brining a camera with me on bike rides so I can take pictures of everyone else.

That is a great idea! I wish I had my camera available when that blonde pulled up along side me in the Audi convertable, gave me a thumbs up and raced me.

divesharc
Posted 2008-07-01 1:45 AM (#12654 - in reply to #12624)

Cruiser

VA
It's cool getting all the looks and stares, and I like having a unique bike, but I wish a few more would get out in my area and help with some of the Q&A. I get people trying to flag me down while driving cars to ask me questions. I know I sound like a butthead, but it's a pain in the butt when I actually want to get somewhere. Personally I think Victory should take a percentage of their yearly advertising budget and send a check to all the current Vision owners. I don't know how many are going to go buy one after talking to me, but I get enough questions that they are a lot better known then they were. I'm ashamed to admit it, but my wife actually turned me on to Victory. I'd never seen one before I met her. But, the closest dealer is over an hour away and I wasn't as in to bikes as I am now. Now I feel like their spokesperson.
Rebel
Posted 2008-07-01 9:14 AM (#12658 - in reply to #12654)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
divesharc - 2008-07-01 1:45 AM
Personally I think Victory should take a percentage of their yearly advertising budget and send a check to all the current Vision owners. I don't know how many are going to go buy one after talking to me, but I get enough questions that they are a lot better known then they were. ... Now I feel like their spokesperson.

I actually wrangled a decent parts discount from my dealer because of this. They sell other brands and have only had Victory for 2 years now, with about 4 different salesmen in that time. I know more about Vics than the salesman does, so when they get people with serious questions they send them to me. As many bikes as I've sold for them I should get commission.
DecTec
Posted 2008-07-01 9:45 AM (#12662 - in reply to #12624)

Cruiser

Pocono Mountains of PA
One of the first weekends out I stopped at an outlet mall near Phila and had the weirdest encounter.

We parked away from the shops and out of nowhere several Asian tourists with cameras popped up and started snapping photos of the bike. 4 of them then took pictures of their wives next to it, then asked us to take a photo of them all around it. I whish I had copies....

If I hadn't been there I'd have not believed it... It's the stuff urban legends are made of

2008 Black Tour Premium

Edited by DecTec 2008-07-01 9:56 AM
metalguy
Posted 2008-07-01 10:47 AM (#12671 - in reply to #12624)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
It is interesting to see the public's reaction. Although, on my way to work, with my coffee light on "low" I tend to not want to be paced, especially when I am about to be boxed in by slower traffic, and the guy in the left lane is just staying put, looking at the bike! P.C. (post coffee) I am generally amiable, and answer questions, take photos, and such. At Chinook pass Sunday, there were SO many onlookers, checking out the bike. Prolly $200,000 worth of Harley's up there in the lot, and I am getting all the stares. It is a tough burden, but I am bearing it well enough. LOL! -----Metalguy
mikeroark
Posted 2008-07-01 9:55 PM (#12709 - in reply to #12624)

Puddle Jumper

Add a day to any trip you plan because over the course of it you will spend that much time talking about the Vision!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™