You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Zumo 550 GPS question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

StarChief
Posted 2008-06-27 8:28 AM (#12462)
Subject: Zumo 550 GPS question

Cruiser

Altoona, Wisconsin
The local Best Buy has the Zumo 550 on clearance for about $530. I'm wondering if anyone has mounted one on the Vision with the handlebar mount that is included with the Zumo and how well it worked. I'm not real keen on the permanent console mount at this time if the handlebar mount works reasonably well. I'm also not concerned with it being "hard wired" into the Vision's electronics like the Victory model.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mudge
Posted 2008-06-27 11:48 AM (#12470 - in reply to #12462)
Subject: Re: Zumo 550 GPS question

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
I have the Zumo mounted on the left side handlebar. I used a RAM single ball mount, but the one that comes with the Zumo will work. The only thing necessary to adapt it is a longer 3/16 " U-bolt and a couple of chrome (or SS) nylok nuts. I bought these at my local Ace Hardware store. The U-bolt was a little too long so I cut it to size with a hacksaw and dressed the cuts with a small file. For power I ran the included fused cord foreward along the handlebar, dropped into the space between the dash and the fairing, coiled the excess and dropped into the fairing, and used cable ties to hold it to the other wiring running down the handlebar and the little unused eylet cast into the top inside edge of the inner faring, leaving enought slack so the handlebars can be turned from lock to lock without stressing the cord. I used the spare powerelet plug which is under the panel in front of the seat by cutting off the plug and putting a two prong male/female computer type locking plug purchased from Radio Shack on the powerlet wires and the Zumo power wires. It sounds like more of a job than it is, and has worked fine. By the way, the Zumo is great and that price is very good.
ClayinSA
Posted 2008-06-27 12:26 PM (#12475 - in reply to #12462)
Subject: RE: Zumo 550 GPS question

Puddle Jumper

San Antonio, TX
I bought the 450 which is basically the same and tried it on the handlebars for a few rides...didn't work for me. Bought a stationary mount from RAM for 9 bucks and installed same on center console and hard wired it. Not sorry at all and it doesn't look too strange when I remove it for town riding. Much easier to see and use in the center.

My 0.02, clay
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™