You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

A Very Big OOPS Today
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-06-25 4:09 PM (#12383)
Subject: A Very Big OOPS Today

Iron Butt

, FL United States
So there i am , rolling down US Hwy 301 headed down to Polaris Of Gainesville to have the 10k mile service done & look in mirrors to see BLUE LIGHTS. I thought maybe it was something else so I slowed down to let him pass but what he wanted was ME!
As he was advising me of the speed he clocked me at, I POLITELY asked if his radar gun had been calibrated for motorcycles & was advised in fact YES it had been calibrated for motorcycles (& rocket ships - this LEO did have a sense of humor) but he wrote me a citation for 76 mph in a 55 mph zone. Cost = $213. If I do the traffic school (which is available online thankfully) it will be reduced to $193 but NO POINTS ON DRIVING RECORD. So I'll be busy online doing the Traffic School the next day or so.

The Officer did comment on how nice the Vision looked & sounded as I was accelerating away from that traffic signal (which I DID come to a complete stop for).

Guess I'll have to pay a little better attention to the speedo from now on

Edited by CoolHandLuke 2008-06-25 4:27 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2008-06-25 4:40 PM (#12385 - in reply to #12383)
Subject: RE: A Very Big OOPS Today

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

CoolHandLuke - 2008-06-25 4:09 PM So there i am , rolling down US Hwy 301 headed down to Polaris Of Gainesville to have the 10k mile service done & look in mirrors to see BLUE LIGHTS. I thought maybe it was something else so I slowed down to let him pass but what he wanted was ME! As he was advising me of the speed he clocked me at, I POLITELY asked if his radar gun had been calibrated for motorcycles & was advised in fact YES it had been calibrated for motorcycles (& rocket ships - this LEO did have a sense of humor) but he wrote me a citation for 76 mph in a 55 mph zone. Cost = $213. If I do the traffic school (which is available online thankfully) it will be reduced to $193 but NO POINTS ON DRIVING RECORD. So I'll be busy online doing the Traffic School the next day or so. The Officer did comment on how nice the Vision looked & sounded as I was accelerating away from that traffic signal (which I DID come to a complete stop for). Guess I'll have to pay a little better attention to the speedo from now on

Glad to hear you're back home CHL! 

Another accessory to add to the wish list. A cloaking device! What I don't understand is how nobody see's us except the LEO's.

Breaker
Posted 2008-06-25 5:46 PM (#12386 - in reply to #12383)
Subject: Re: A Very Big OOPS Today

Iron Butt

Western WA
See, this is my only complaint with the Vision.

She wants to go fast. REALLY REALLY FAST.

Glad to hear you got it knocked down a bit.

CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-06-26 4:40 PM (#12432 - in reply to #12385)
Subject: RE: A Very Big OOPS Today

Iron Butt

, FL United States
+1 on the cloaking device. A much-needed accessory on a Vision!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™