You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Clutch reach
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

cw1115
Posted 2008-06-20 2:31 PM (#12136)
Subject: Clutch reach

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I have my new Vision Tour for 3 weeks and 1500 miles. A couple of small problems. The first time the engine got good and hot, the black wrinkle finish flaked off the top fin of the rear cylinder. Looks like crap. Dealer took photos and the should be replacing the can. Since it is going to be in the shop for a while I'll have them do it next month when service is do. At that time I am going to have the level one upgrade done.
Week two, at about 800 miles the engine light came on and the bike wouldn't idle, backfired and barely went over 3000 RPM. I limped it into the dealer in Sarasota, Fl. I left mad without ever getting looked at. The next day I went to Barry's Motor Sports in Tampa where I bought the bike. They found the MAP sensor was bad. Not having one in stock, they took one off another bike to get me going. Great customer service.
Now to my question. Is there anyway to adjust the reach of the clutch lever? On my bike the lever has to be completely out or the clutch slips. My hands are not big enough to control the friction zone the way I would like. Trying to use 2 fingers toward the inside wore a few layer of skin off. Last night in front of a crowd checking out the bike I tested the tip over protection. VERY embarrassing! any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Michael
Top of the page Bottom of the page
amessen
Posted 2008-06-20 3:16 PM (#12138 - in reply to #12136)
Subject: Re: Clutch reach

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
On the clutch and Brake lever there is a wheel that you can change to change the angle of the lever not sure that will help your issues but I have very large hands and it made it better for me.

The wheel is number 1 - 4 I assume 1 is the shortest reach and 4 the longest but give it a try.
Archie
cw1115
Posted 2008-06-20 3:24 PM (#12139 - in reply to #12138)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Thanks. The brake lever has the adjustment, but not the clutch. My hands are average. I were large gloves. I would just like it where I can reach it with two fingers at the end.

Michael

Edited by cw1115 2008-06-20 3:26 PM
pollolittle
Posted 2008-06-20 4:01 PM (#12140 - in reply to #12136)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I was thinking about this maybe just bend the clutch handle back to you.
g1nomad
Posted 2008-06-20 4:02 PM (#12141 - in reply to #12139)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
The reach distance is fine for me. What I have a problem with is I would like the levers about 2"
higher in the front. I feel like a really have to bend my wrists (Like a fruit ) to stretch
my fingers to the levers. I loosened the, can't think of the word, the first week I had the Vision,
but because the handlebar isn't round, I couldn't turn the controls up.

Edited by g1nomad 2008-06-20 4:02 PM
cw1115
Posted 2008-06-20 5:17 PM (#12145 - in reply to #12140)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
That's my plan. First find out the price and availibility of a replacement in case it breaks on me.

Michael
Travelin Man
Posted 2008-06-20 5:21 PM (#12146 - in reply to #12136)

Iron Butt

The clutch and brake reservoirs are manufactured by Nissin (a subsidiary of Honda ), thus, it is possible that the aftermarket adjustable chrome clutch and brake levers for either a Honda GL1800 Goldwing or Honda VTX1800 may fit. I'll have to go find my old Goldwing and VTX levers and check to see if they fit the Vision, I'll do that tonight and post in the morning with the results.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™