You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Radio Differences
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Big Vic
Posted 2008-02-20 7:59 PM (#5543)
Subject: Radio Differences

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Some people report great sound from their radio, and some (like me) think it could be much better. Mine distorts when it's turned up 1/2 way. I wander if it has anything to do with the software or hardware version of the radio. My radio software is version 4.08A and the hardware version is 4. If you have a unit that sounds great let me know what versions you have. You can find this info out by going into the Radio System Diagnostic menu on your radio. to do this follow the instructions below.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC and turn the radio off (Victory Motorcycles is shown on display)
2. Turn ignition switch OFF.
3. Turn ignition switch back to ACC.
4. PRESS & HOLD the #1 preset button and MODE button while turning the radio power ON.
5. The diagnostics mode is entered. Press MODE to toggle through the diagnostic funtions. To exit diagnostics press Power button.

NOTE: A "Watchdog Error Cleared" message will occasionally appear as the first thing displayed. This can be ignored, it is an internal software notification.

6. The first screen shows the radio software (SW) & hardware (HW) revision.
7. The second screen is used to check buttons and button wiring circuts related to the radio / com. system. The display contains two lines of "Zeros". Each location corresponds to a radio button on the radio, handlebar switches, or passenger switches. A (0) represents a button not being pressed. A one (1) represents a button being pressed. If a "1" appears at an address in the upper or lower row of the radio display the button and circuit wiring are funtioning correctly.
8. The third screen shows Tuner location, which will always be set to USA.
9. The forth screen list the status of the radio amplifier.
10. The fifth screen displays vehicle speed. This can be used to test if the radio is receiving the vehicle speed CAN message from the PCM. It could also be used to test for a faulty CAN bus connection to the radio. If the speedometer is working but the radio is showing zero speed, it has no CAN connection.
11. If there are no accessories installed on the vehicle, the display will go back to the first screen. If accessories are installed, there are additional diagnostics screens for each accessory, showing the SW & HW revisions, etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
edradio
Posted 2008-02-20 8:33 PM (#5545 - in reply to #5543)
Subject: RE: Radio Differences

Cruiser

Las Vegas, Nevada USA baby!
Big Vic,
I get pretty good sound, unless I'm volumed up near 30. My radio software version is 4.11A, and the radio hardware version is 4

My bike date of mfg is 12/21/2007

This may be the difference eh?

Edited by edradio 2008-02-20 8:34 PM
TimS
Posted 2008-02-20 9:36 PM (#5553 - in reply to #5543)

Iron Butt

My radio is pretty clear, but I don't have a lot of volume @ highway speeds.  Also, the front speakers are much louder than the rear speakers.  To hear the rear speakers, I have to set the fader @ 3/4 towards the rear.  Here are my versions:

Hardware:    4

Software:    4.08A

Does anyone else have low volume rear speakers, or are the front and rear about the same volume level?

Thanks,

Tim 

CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-02-21 9:49 AM (#5564 - in reply to #5543)
Subject: Re: Radio Differences

Iron Butt

, FL United States
Sw= 4.08a Hw= 4 I don't have any problem w/ my audio system other than 3rdGen Nano issues previously discussed elsewhere. I keep mine @ volume 12 unless it's a particularly good tune & then I turn it up to 16-20. I can perceive no distortion @ any speed but that may be due to my high frequency hearing loss
Big Vic
Posted 2008-02-21 7:51 PM (#5579 - in reply to #5543)
Subject: Re: Radio Differences

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
TimS - Thanks for the reply. I also find it difficult to hear the rear speakers, I took the trunk off Monday so it does not matter much right now.
Fergy
Posted 2008-03-28 7:29 PM (#7483 - in reply to #5543)

Cruiser

Frisco, TX
The build date on my bike is 3/08 and I have version 4.13A of the software.
cbrumfield
Posted 2008-07-04 9:29 AM (#12863 - in reply to #5543)

Puddle Jumper

Can someone provide me the results for step 7 below from their working radio? My radio changes channel and volume randomly, so I checked the diagnostics.

When the 0's and 1's are displayed, with no buttons selected. there is a 1 shown in the middle of the bottom row. If I select any button on the 'dash' panel, a 1 is displayed in some position in either of the first or second row. However, when I press any button on the left hand radio controls, the 1 that is shown in the middle of the bottom row changes to a 0, and random 1's are displayed in other positions. Also, if no buttons are pressed for a few seconds, 1's randomly appear in the bottom row.

These results would appear to indicate that the left hand radio control module is bad.

Does anyone know where I can unplug this module from the system so that I can at least listen to the radio until it is replaced?

Thanks,
Craig
TimS
Posted 2008-07-04 2:34 PM (#12876 - in reply to #12863)

Iron Butt

Mine shows all zeros with no buttons pressed, 0 0 0 ....

Radio SW 4.13a

Radio HW 4

XM SW 4.10A

XM HW 4

HTH,

Tim 

cbrumfield
Posted 2008-07-08 10:33 PM (#13167 - in reply to #12876)

Puddle Jumper

Update: I followed the wire for the left hand radio controls under the dash panel and made sure that all of the connections on the wires were tight. I then repeated the diagnostics and it showed all zeros until a button was pressed. In the 300+ miles since, no more problems. But I will still have them check it out and upgrade the software to the latest version when I take her in for the 500 mile service on the 17th. Now my problem is to keep from putting another 500 miles on her in the next week...

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Craig
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™