InvisiGARD Paint Protection Kit for Vision
Spock
Posted 2008-01-28 2:49 PM (#4692)
Subject: InvisiGARD Paint Protection Kit for Vision

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

Here is a link to their 23 piece precut 8 mils thick protective film covers for the Vision. They sell the kit for $226.95. Does anyone have any experience with this kit of thoughts? I know many have discussed how the clear coat on the Vision is soft and maybe this is a viable option to better protect the paint. I have not had experience with this type of an option and am looking for some feedback from others you may have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Victory-Vision-InvisiGARD-Paint-Protection-Kit_W0QQitemZ120215752550QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120215752550

Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2008-01-29 11:28 AM (#4709 - in reply to #4692)
Subject: RE: InvisiGARD Paint Protection Kit for Vision

Visionary

This appears to be the 3M Stoneguard product I have used. It is easy to use. Applies nicely if you follow the direction exactly. My body shop owner recommended it for my use.
I used it on the top edge of my tailgate. It was fine until my ladder ripped it. Then I ended up with lifted material around the ripped area. On my truck it doesn't matter to me.
I think if you take care of it it will work fine for the motorcycles. We don't normally drag metal across body parts on a bike.
You should find the pieces are cut smaller than needed. When you follow the directions, it stretches as you apply it. Keep everything very wet so it slides around to position. Get all the moisture out and make it smooth as possible.
As it says do NOT wash for 72 hours. It takes hours to dry. I checked it after 3 hours and I could move still move it.

I think it would be great if they would sell separate pieces in case a stone damaged it. Just pull the damaged piece off, clean and install th new piece.

Good luck and if do try it let us know if you like it.
Chandler Tom
Posted 2008-02-09 9:03 PM (#5138 - in reply to #4692)
Subject: Re: InvisiGARD Paint Protection Kit for Vision

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
I just put some 3M "type" stuff on my black Vision... It was very easy to apply and after a few minutes you could not even see it. This stuff is re-usable so you can remove it to wash/wax your bike. It recieved a high rating ( I think number one or number two out of several tested)...Another option to the InvisiGard ( and under $20 bucks)

http://www.snidersproducts.com/paint3.html
Breaker
Posted 2008-05-18 11:57 PM (#10472 - in reply to #4692)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Did anyone else apply this kit?

I have it, but haven't put it on the bike yet. Was just wondering if anyone had any pointers or things to watch out for before I dive in.
Fergy
Posted 2008-05-20 12:28 AM (#10553 - in reply to #10472)

Cruiser

Frisco, TX

Breaker - 2008-05-18 10:57 PM Did anyone else apply this kit? I have it, but haven't put it on the bike yet. Was just wondering if anyone had any pointers or things to watch out for before I dive in.

Spock and I both installed this kit in my garage. It's pretty easy to do. Took about 3 hours. I can do it now in 2 hours but don't plan to do it again. I highly recommend it to protect your paint.

Rock Star
Posted 2008-05-25 9:14 PM (#10874 - in reply to #4692)

Cruiser

Park City, Utah
I went to my local Clear Bra dealer and had him do all the places where one could come into contact with the paint. I also had a few very long talks with Polaris about this paint. Was it improperly mixed or cured? my .02. it's just cheap paint. They did call and say it was with-in spec. LOL. but they also said the spec would be improved in the future. The Clear Bra made me more at ease and was a fix that was needed in my opinion. Short term fix. better paint would be nice. Best part of Clear Bra... they did it. I just picked it up.
pastor
Posted 2008-05-30 3:48 PM (#11138 - in reply to #10472)

Puddle Jumper

Tonopah,NV

I will be picking up my new Grey Vision next week. Please tell me about the paint problems, and the fix. Thanks Dennis
VisionTex
Posted 2008-05-30 4:32 PM (#11141 - in reply to #11138)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Paster, you definately made the right color choice, besure to vote for your favorite Vision color on the home page. My paint looks like it did the day it came off the showroom floor. I put on a Carnuba wax every two months and use a good wipe and shine product at least twice a week and very seldom wash the bike. Be sure to use a clean micro-fiber cloth when you apply any thing to the paint. When I do wash the bike, I use one of those soft fuzzy cotton mitts, but it is washed before using. I put a cover on it when I ride it to work, the air around here is not the greatest. It has over 8000 miles on it with at least half two up. When we took the demo ride I noticed the wife's legs on the bags, so I put on the passenger floor board risers and that keeps the pant leg off the bags, plus she is more comfy. Oh and mine is Super Steel Gray, like yours will be. Enjoy you new ride.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-05-30 8:40 PM (#11151 - in reply to #4692)

Visionary

So Cal
Spock - 2008-01-28 11:49 AM

Here is a link to their 23 piece precut 8 mils thick protective film covers for the Vision. They sell the kit for $226.95. Does anyone have any experience with this kit of thoughts? I know many have discussed how the clear coat on the Vision is soft and maybe this is a viable option to better protect the paint. I have not had experience with this type of an option and am looking for some feedback from others you may have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Victory-Vision-InvisiGARD-Paint-Protection-Kit_W0QQitemZ120215752550QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120215752550

Seems like a lot of money for some pieces I realy dont need. I think with the 3m stuff you can pick the places you feel are the most prone to wear.
Spock
Posted 2008-05-30 8:45 PM (#11153 - in reply to #11151)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX
cjnoho - 2008-05-30 7:40 PM Spock - 2008-01-28 11:49 AM

Seems like a lot of money for some pieces I realy dont need. I think with the 3m stuff you can pick the places you feel are the most prone to wear.

I agree now, you can buy individual pieces from these guys also and that is what I would reccommend now. 

Teach
Posted 2008-05-30 9:59 PM (#11161 - in reply to #4692)

Visionary

If you want a cheaper and better alternative I suggest you buy a can of "Liquid Glass" at your autozone store and put 3 coats on your Vision. If you get a scratch or nick its gonna be in the Liquid Glass not your paint, which means a simple reapplication to the scratch will make it disappear. It won't fog with age or peel up. Best part is your bike will get even brighter in shine with each application.

But hey you could spend $250 instead
Breaker
Posted 2008-05-31 4:01 PM (#11182 - in reply to #4692)

Iron Butt

Western WA
I bought the kit, and am in the process of installing. Not easy, but as others have said once you get the hang of it the process goes much faster.

Were I to do it again, I would skip the kit and buy the individual pieces.

Teach - I'm not familiar with the Liquid Glass product. How long have you been using them?

Anyone else use them?

Edited by Breaker 2008-05-31 4:08 PM
Teach
Posted 2008-06-01 4:52 PM (#11222 - in reply to #4692)

Visionary

Breaker, Liquid Glass has been around forever. Its a car polish but goes on and leaves a hard finish after it cures. Its almost like a clearcoat shell. Anyhow its been my experience that the more coats you put on the brighter the shine and better the protection. Liquid Glass recommends 2 coats for the initial application but I'd recommend no less than 3. Then reapply after you wash it (single coat). Like I said it makes a hard coating so if you get a stone hit or something brushes down your paint, the liquid glass scratches but reapplication of a new coat of LG will make the mark disappear (its in the liquid glass not the paint). Oh one little note, LG recommends you use their cleaner in prep before the first application, but you won't be able to find the prep cleaner. You don't need it. Just give the bike a real good wash and remove any spoting before applying the first coat. Hope this helps...... T
Breaker
Posted 2008-06-01 5:48 PM (#11225 - in reply to #4692)

Iron Butt

Western WA
It does Teach, thank you.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-06-28 9:01 AM (#12505 - in reply to #11182)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Can i ask where can i purchase the individual pieces and not the kit. I have a Vision tour 4 days old and im nervous about the legs on the bags i have been reading about!

Breaker - 2008-05-31 4:01 PM

I bought the kit, and am in the process of installing. Not easy, but as others have said once you get the hang of it the process goes much faster.

Were I to do it again, I would skip the kit and buy the individual pieces.

Teach - I'm not familiar with the Liquid Glass product. How long have you been using them?

Anyone else use them?
Fergy
Posted 2008-06-28 9:16 AM (#12508 - in reply to #12505)

Cruiser

Frisco, TX

Arkainzeye - 2008-06-28 8:01 AM Can i ask where can i purchase the individual pieces and not the kit. I have a Vision tour 4 days old and im nervous about the legs on the bags i have been reading about! Breaker - 2008-05-31 4:01 PM I bought the kit, and am in the process of installing. Not easy, but as others have said once you get the hang of it the process goes much faster. Were I to do it again, I would skip the kit and buy the individual pieces. Teach - I'm not familiar with the Liquid Glass product. How long have you been using them? Anyone else use them?

I can't believe that buying individual pieces is much if at all cheaper unless you don't use all the front pieces. I haven't yet installed the pieces on the bags yet but that's only 4 pieces. The kit is 23 pieces and I covered everything except the bags. I think I could do the whole bike now in maybe 2 hours so if you want to, Chris, bring it to Texas and I'll do it for you.

I have many spots on the front of the bike now that would have been chips in the paint if it were not for the InvisiGard. I highly recommend buying the kit and putting it on. It's a $22K motorcycle so don't go cheap on $200 worth of film. JMHO.

Breaker
Posted 2008-06-28 3:34 PM (#12522 - in reply to #12508)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Fergy - 2008-06-28 6:16 AM

Arkainzeye - 2008-06-28 8:01 AM Can i ask where can i purchase the individual pieces and not the kit. I have a Vision tour 4 days old and im nervous about the legs on the bags i have been reading about! Breaker - 2008-05-31 4:01 PM I bought the kit, and am in the process of installing. Not easy, but as others have said once you get the hang of it the process goes much faster. Were I to do it again, I would skip the kit and buy the individual pieces. Teach - I'm not familiar with the Liquid Glass product. How long have you been using them? Anyone else use them?

I can't believe that buying individual pieces is much if at all cheaper unless you don't use all the front pieces. I haven't yet installed the pieces on the bags yet but that's only 4 pieces. The kit is 23 pieces and I covered everything except the bags. I think I could do the whole bike now in maybe 2 hours so if you want to, Chris, bring it to Texas and I'll do it for you.

I have many spots on the front of the bike now that would have been chips in the paint if it were not for the InvisiGard. I highly recommend buying the kit and putting it on. It's a $22K motorcycle so don't go cheap on $200 worth of film. JMHO.

+1

I'm using the Liquid Glass as well, but after a few weeks of usage I would buy the Invisigard kit again.