Where is everyone
Bobcat54s
Posted 2021-08-16 9:32 PM (#193088)
Subject: Where is everyone

Puddle Jumper

Good evening. I just got my Vision a few weeks ago and found this site. It looks awesome, but it at is is basically a dead site. That?s a shame. This place looks fantastic. We need to find a way to get back up and going. There are ton of Vision owners still out there. Have a good night.

Edited by Bobcat54s 2021-08-16 9:33 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lennyb
Posted 2021-08-22 9:42 AM (#193090 - in reply to #193088)
Subject: Re: Where is everyone

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
When Polaris announced the decision to stop production of the Victory line activity on the site nearly died. It continues to be a great resource for owners by searching for information found in the archive postings. Welcome to the Vision world, you will not be disappointed.
rdbudd
Posted 2021-08-26 4:13 PM (#193091 - in reply to #193088)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Welcome. It seems everyone is on one of the dozens of different Facebook pages these days, mostly asking the same questions over and over again, instead of using the great resource that this site offers. It's a shame really. This site has so much more to offer than any of the Facebook pages.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2021-08-26 4:16 PM
Bobcat54s
Posted 2021-08-31 9:09 PM (#193092 - in reply to #193088)
Subject: RE: Where is everyone

Puddle Jumper

Love this place, so far
TommyGun
Posted 2021-10-06 2:26 AM (#193094 - in reply to #193088)

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
I sold my Vision back in the end of August. Not out of necessity or hate or unreliability. After about a week of selling it I sure did miss it but I was just thinning the heard for the upcoming retirement and downsizing. Sold four of the six bikes. This site was the best for being a no drama, no bs and with the most knowledgeable members.

I somed up the reason of the in activity of this site is to how good theses bikes are out of the gate that there?s not much to do or say about them. Their just that good and the people that buy them used, usually are not nubies to motorcycles.

I was just reading a review of the new 2022 Goldwing and thinking about a comparison to the Vision.

Power wise roughly the same but the Vision had the V-twin rumble that feels good.
The first thing I did after reading the review of the GW was to see if anyone made highway pegs. Because after looking at it, I never felt the Vision never needed any because of the long floor boards gave so many options.

Then the article went in to talk about the 850lbs of weight and never complained about it. When the Vision came out, that?s all you heard is how heavy the bike is. Then the GW only has 4.2? of suspension travel. Then I was looking at tip over protection, and nope not on the GW. So then I looked up on rear wheel removal on the GW. The Vision has that beat in ease.

By the end of the GW review, I couldn?t think of a single reason to buy it over a used Vision. I think if Polaris would have put the Cross Country Tour rear end on the Vision as a variation, it would have sold big. Update the dash to a new TFT display with TPMS, phone connection and Google Map integration, change the headlight/turn signals look. Then add the new Challenger motor and the Vision would still be the best touring bike built, not saying it?s still not.
rdbudd
Posted 2021-10-09 12:06 PM (#193096 - in reply to #193094)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
TommyGun - 2021-10-06 2:26 AM

I sold my Vision back in the end of August. Not out of necessity or hate or unreliability. After about a week of selling it I sure did miss it but I was just thinning the heard for the upcoming retirement and downsizing. Sold four of the six bikes. This site was the best for being a no drama, no bs and with the most knowledgeable members.

I somed up the reason of the in activity of this site is to how good theses bikes are out of the gate that there?s not much to do or say about them. Their just that good and the people that buy them used, usually are not nubies to motorcycles.

I was just reading a review of the new 2022 Goldwing and thinking about a comparison to the Vision.

Power wise roughly the same but the Vision had the V-twin rumble that feels good.
The first thing I did after reading the review of the GW was to see if anyone made highway pegs. Because after looking at it, I never felt the Vision never needed any because of the long floor boards gave so many options.

Then the article went in to talk about the 850lbs of weight and never complained about it. When the Vision came out, that?s all you heard is how heavy the bike is. Then the GW only has 4.2? of suspension travel. Then I was looking at tip over protection, and nope not on the GW. So then I looked up on rear wheel removal on the GW. The Vision has that beat in ease.

By the end of the GW review, I couldn?t think of a single reason to buy it over a used Vision. I think if Polaris would have put the Cross Country Tour rear end on the Vision as a variation, it would have sold big. Update the dash to a new TFT display with TPMS, phone connection and Google Map integration, change the headlight/turn signals look. Then add the new Challenger motor and the Vision would still be the best touring bike built, not saying it?s still not.

I agree with most of your assessments. I went and tried out the new GW when it came on the market. It is too tall for me, has the same luggage capacity as my Vision, and still has the limited foot position. It's a nice bike, but other than the more modern audio system, it doesn't offer any advantage over my Vision. I still have my Vision.
Bobcat54s
Posted 2021-10-12 9:58 PM (#193097 - in reply to #193088)

Puddle Jumper

I took my first short trip on my vision 2 weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. Still getting used to it, coming from my v4 venture. We are getting to know each other though and I think she?s going to be a nice ride.
eotsis1
Posted 2021-10-23 9:30 PM (#193098 - in reply to #193088)

Puddle Jumper

, IL United States
been away for a while(and on another forum). Logged 90k miles since I bought my used '09 Vision 7 years ago.
It's now at 137k and climbing
Bobcat54s
Posted 2021-12-10 9:45 PM (#193099 - in reply to #193088)

Puddle Jumper

So far so good with mine. Got some things I would do over the winter, as far a maintenance
lennyb
Posted 2022-01-04 3:18 PM (#193100 - in reply to #193099)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
So long as the roads are clear of snow, ice or the residual salt I'll ride through the winter. If you don't already have a set of air deflectors on the bike they might be something you could try to find over the winter. Keep in mind that if you pick up a set that are not OEM you will still need OEM hinges in order to mount them. Search this site for prior post on them to help with your decision.

Happy New Year
jimtom
Posted 2022-02-09 5:16 AM (#193122 - in reply to #193100)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
I have a friend named Les Blocker on facebook. He makes the lowers and the hinges. He was almost sold out last time I checked. He may make a new batch though if there is enough interest.
Ludwig61
Posted 2022-02-09 6:30 PM (#193123 - in reply to #193122)

New user

Leon Springs, TX United States
JimTom,

I don't have wind deflectors and I'm interested in finding out more about what Les makes and when he might next make them, if he doesn't have any in stock.

Thanks!
jimtom
Posted 2022-02-10 5:21 AM (#193124 - in reply to #193123)

Visionary

His last post stated he had 2 sets of these lower wind deflector kits left. 340$ shipped USA

(lowers.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments lowers.jpg (284KB - 0 downloads)
Ludwig61
Posted 2022-02-12 5:54 PM (#193125 - in reply to #193124)

New user

I'd be happy to ping him on Facebook to answer my questions. I found one person on Facebook with that name in SD. Is that him? Does he have a separate page for his deflectors?

Thanks!
Ludwig61
Posted 2022-02-16 5:44 PM (#193126 - in reply to #193125)

New user

Sigh.

All improvements are on hold as I wait for insurance to tell me if my Vision is totaled...
jimtom
Posted 2022-02-16 5:49 PM (#193127 - in reply to #193088)

Visionary

Oh man! I'm sorry to hear that. Yes that is him.
Crossbow King
Posted 2022-02-17 7:27 PM (#193128 - in reply to #193088)

Puddle Jumper

They, the lower wind deflectors were already on my Crossbow. Since I never had any on the black Vision, I didn't really know if they helped or not. I still don't lol. We're still out here. I'm a two Vision Daddy now.I took Black Sabbath out to Sweetwater, over by Watts Bar nuke and back to Athens, Tn. last Saturday. Exxon over that way sells non ethanol 93 octane and that's all I run in my machines.

Edited by Crossbow King 2022-02-17 7:31 PM
Big six
Posted 2022-08-08 12:52 PM (#193155 - in reply to #193094)

Puddle Jumper

You?re right man I still have my 09 anniversary #28 I am going to keep it.
Bobcat54s
Posted 2022-08-23 11:05 PM (#193161 - in reply to #193088)

Puddle Jumper

Im ready for the summer heat to go away so I can get the Vision out some.