Corbin or Mustang seat for the Vision
IndyVision
Posted 2018-07-25 7:34 PM (#192644)
Subject: Corbin or Mustang seat for the Vision

Tourer

I?m looking for advice on a different seat for the Vision. As far as I know, Corbin and Mustang are the only aftermarket heated seat. I?d like opinions if you have one on your bike
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Don07tncav
Posted 2018-07-25 8:28 PM (#192645 - in reply to #192644)
Subject: Re: Corbin or Mustang seat for the Vision

Cruiser

I had Terry Adcox of Manchester TN modify mine several years ago. It still rides great after 87,000 miles.
pollolittle
Posted 2018-07-26 9:29 AM (#192646 - in reply to #192644)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Don07tncav did you have him do specific items to make the seat more comfortable or did you just drop it off and he did his magic, got a way to contact and approx. cost.

Thanks, I got two seats that are tearing and need them redone.
Kioti
Posted 2018-07-26 7:06 PM (#192647 - in reply to #192644)
Subject: RE: Corbin or Mustang seat for the Vision

Cruiser

Lennox, SD

I went with the Mustang seat, I purchased off eBay from Dennis Kirk.  So far i am very happy but you need to allow at least 1000 miles to "break it in" to you ass.

Kioti
Posted 2018-07-26 7:06 PM (#192648 - in reply to #192644)
Subject: RE: Corbin or Mustang seat for the Vision

Cruiser

Lennox, SD

I went with the Mustang seat, I purchased off eBay from Dennis Kirk.  So far i am very happy but you need to allow at least 1000 miles to "break it in" to you ass.

Don07tncav
Posted 2018-07-26 7:53 PM (#192649 - in reply to #192646)

Cruiser

pollolittle - 2018-07-26 9:29 AM

Don07tncav did you have him do specific items to make the seat more comfortable or did you just drop it off and he did his magic, got a way to contact and approx. cost.

Thanks, I got two seats that are tearing and need them redone.

I sent the seat over to him and let him do his majic. It looks like a Russel in some ways. I'll take a few photos in the next couple of days.
Here's what his FB page says.

Questions/ Inquiries:
We do most of our customer correspondence thru email.
**Please add our email address kawasaki37388@yahoo.com ) to your address book to ensure our emails reach your inbox.

Include: Name, shipping address, phone #, email address, Plus your bike make, model and year.

Ordering - For bikes with a one piece seat:

Single bucket seat / Starting Price $250--- (only the driver receives a bucket seat with a center insert option and stitch pattern...Passenger/pillion area will remain stock- but will be recovered with new vinyl)

Double bucket seat /Starting Price $450-- (both the driver and the passenger receives a bucket seat with matching center inserts and stitch pattern)

**(Please ask about 2-piece bike seats)

Seat build / Core option:
?Either?, you can send us your seat and we can build on it -OR- On some motorcycles I have Core seats available. You can pay a refundable seat deposit for one of our core seats. When you return your old seat back to us (usually within ONE MONTH of receiving your new seat) you will receive the deposit back in full. *And as a reminder, either way We need the WHOLE SEAT (an undamaged pan and foam included). This option lets you keep riding during the time that it takes us to build you your seat.
Thanks,
Terry & Debi
Terry's Custom Seats

Edited by Don07tncav 2018-07-26 7:56 PM
TommyGun
Posted 2018-07-27 11:40 PM (#192650 - in reply to #192644)

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
I bought my bike used and I had the stock factory Arlen Ness seat that is FIRM, and a heated Corbin. I?m heading off on a 6k ride in one week and the Corbin is not going. Hope I don?t need to say more.