new to this forum
Fluffy
Posted 2008-08-07 4:50 AM (#15416)
Subject: new to this forum

Puddle Jumper

south of Houston, TX
I am currently looking at 2 bikes.. the Vison Tourer or the 1800 Goldwing.. am curious about the fuel mileage on the Vision.. and if an extended waranty is available and cost..

Thank You in advance..

Tom
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Codfather
Posted 2008-08-07 6:00 AM (#15418 - in reply to #15416)
Subject: Re: new to this forum

Cruiser

Hi Tom I get 40 mile to the gallon and yes there is an extended warranty 5 year for about 500.00. Remember everything is nego. Make sure you ride the Vision, as it is sweet. Bruce
varyder
Posted 2008-08-07 6:09 AM (#15420 - in reply to #15416)
Subject: RE: new to this forum

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
As Bruce would say, take the Vision for a test ride, and bring your checkbook. You'll probably get some good deals on the '08's right about now so you'll have an advantage there on both bikes, but riding the Vision alone will make the decision for you. I had considered the same thing as you and was ready to dive into the GL1800 arena, but then I caught the Vision. I average around 43mpg during the summer. The winter it will probably drop back to 38mpg as it was when I first got it. I'm running stock pipes.

Edited by varyder 2008-08-07 6:11 AM
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2008-08-07 7:22 AM (#15421 - in reply to #15416)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Tom, not sure of your location, but there's a dealer on this forum that needs to clear some inventory and is offering several Visions at dealer invoice. The dealer is Armands Powersports in Halifax, MA. Might be worth giving him a call.
here's their website: http://www.armandspowersports.com
ebayjoe
Posted 2008-08-07 8:43 AM (#15431 - in reply to #15416)

Cruiser

East Ohio
I had a goldwing 1500, loved it, went to a mall show and saw the vision, really liked the looks, wife did not but agreed to set up a time to take a test ride, she liked the ride, I loved it, I knew the bike was made for me, I'm 6'0 190, but I knew my wife wasn't sold on it, but she was now ready to get a new bike, so off to the honda dealer we go, we were looking around, it was the bigger dealership in the area, he had all the colors on display and even a leftover 07, the burnt orange, we both liked the color, after being ignored for 1/2 hr, i went to the service counter and asked for help, they were able to flag down somebody who got a sales person, we finally got a test ride, I was amazed how cramped i felt, but highway pegs are available, the bike was quiet, smooth, a nice bike, wife loved it, since neither dealer offered enough for the trade, I decided to sell it myself, sold it in 3 days, made a couple more trips to each dealer, I wanted the vision, she wanted the goldwing, which was a few thousand dollars cheaper because it was an 07, I knew who was going to win this one, so i set up a time to meet with the honda dealer, after all I was now without a bike, when we got there, again we were ignored, people at the counter didn't seem happy with the service they were getting, when the salesperson finally came, he didn't seem like he cared one way or another, mind you I was there with cash in hand, my wife said, lets take one more look at the vision, we got there and was recognized by the owner and his wife, he offered a couple of helmets to go with the jackets and shirts, we were sold with the dealer, I love the bike, wife loves the bike and the attention, the odd looks of the bike have grown on her, I bought the floor board risers for her, the utopia backrest for me, we have the cb intercom, 4700 miles and NO regrets
Super Steel
amessen
Posted 2008-08-07 10:43 AM (#15447 - in reply to #15416)

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
God I hate this but i have to throw my 2 cents in as well. I am 6'10" and 400 lbs I had a
Goldwing 1800 Ill Blue with ABS and all the gizmos I also had a 1990 Tour Glide Ultra Classic the reason for two bike neither satisified all my wants in a bike. the Harley was cool and the Wing could travel. I and my wife went to look at tthe Vision and i fell in love with the Back Cherry. We took a test ride and my wife said I love that bike lets buy one who am I to argue with the boss so I sold both the other bikes and bought the Vision. I would not go back to either again. for the first time since my 1970 350 Honda in 1971 I found a bike that makes me remember why I ride not to get some where or to feel the wind in my hair but it is because the bike thrills me. I want to ride again and look for reasons to get it out of the garage. I am once more happy with the bike any short comings not with standing. So buy one and enjoy the ride. Archie
Dallas_Gal
Posted 2008-08-07 9:26 PM (#15534 - in reply to #15416)

Puddle Jumper

Plano, TX
I have been riding for 2 years this month. I started with a Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 800. It was a good starting bike and I rode it until March of this year. I was ready to upgrade and wanted a more year-round bike. I was also looking at the Goldwing and comparing it to the Vision. I liked the ride of the Vision and the foot placement over the GW. I also liked the one-on-one attention I received at the Vision Dealership (Stroker's, Dallas TX). The Honda guy was nice enough but seemed to think that his bike would sell itself. My husband chose the Goldwing as that was his life long dream bike. I waffled for about 2 weeks and finally chose the Vision (red, of course!).

I am very pleased with the bike. It gets really hot to ride in TX and the motor is about to cook me alive, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. My middle school students think I'm the coolest and I get lots of questions from other people (in parking lots, at lights, everywhere I go). The commercials have cut down on some of the questions, but I get some interesting comments all the same. The bike is easy to handle. I find that I can corner without much thinking and the speed is incredible.

Keep it safe folks!

KC

StarChief
Posted 2008-08-07 10:54 PM (#15542 - in reply to #15416)

Cruiser

Altoona, Wisconsin
I'm getting about 47mpg running at 60mph and about 42mpg if I set the cruise at 72 for interstate riding. Tour Vision Premium with stock pipes. I looked at a 'Wing, too, but compared to the Vision, it felt really crowded. It felt like the windshield was right in my face and of course, the floorboards on the Vision just blow away the GW footpegs. I'm 6ft 200 and find the Vision extremely comfortable. Wife is about 5-5 and finds the passenger seat very comfortable as well.

If you go with a Vision, be prepared to spend a lot of time talking about it. I've never seen another bike that draws as much attention as the Vision does at every stop. There's definitely a "wow" factor.
Fluffy
Posted 2008-08-07 11:02 PM (#15544 - in reply to #15421)

Puddle Jumper

south of Houston, TX
Live a little south of Houston.. I have been riding since 1970 last 2 bikes were Yamaha Roadstar and a Yamaha Venture.. I have read on this forum that the bike has some issues with the belt needing to be adjusted all the time.. sure hope that is not true.. anyway looks like around march I will be getting the bike. The Vision sure is a sweet looking bike and have heard mostly good .. know about the radio.. but the connector in the left top area for the ipod is really interesting. will find out in 2 months if the contract i am on at the moment (NASA) and if i have a job after the 1st of the year.. anyway ty so much for the replies...

Tommy

AKA Fluffy
StarChief
Posted 2008-08-07 11:13 PM (#15546 - in reply to #15416)

Cruiser

Altoona, Wisconsin
Good luck, Tommy. My wife has relatives south of Houston in the League City and San Leon area.
Wizard523
Posted 2008-08-08 12:34 AM (#15553 - in reply to #15416)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
After almost 20 years on a Harley, I too looked at the Goldwing. Spent a weekend on one thanks to a friend. Really nice bike, but a bit too cramped for me. I am 6'-4" and 220 lbs. After reading about the Vision for about 6 months, I finally went and took a test ride, and all I can say is to repeat someone else said; bring your checkbook. I love this bike, bought it after the test ride, and have no regrets!

Good luck.