Any advice?
redmolly
Posted 2008-07-22 11:29 AM (#14051)
Subject: Any advice?

New user

I'm thinking about trading my Harley in for a Victory Vision, any advice?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
golfer
Posted 2008-07-22 11:42 AM (#14052 - in reply to #14051)
Subject: RE: Any advice?

Cruiser

redmolly - 2008-07-22 11:29 AM

Do it quickly.

And don't trade, try ebay first.

You will be so happy you are on a Vision over a Harley I can't really describe it...
pollolittle
Posted 2008-07-22 11:46 AM (#14053 - in reply to #14051)
Subject: Re: Any advice?

Visionary

Brighton, TN
This coming from Golfer, that's an endorsement. With the things that bother this guy and still willing to keep it. WOW!!!!

I on the other hand 2nd the Golfer sentiment. Lovin' my bike.
cw1115
Posted 2008-07-22 12:00 PM (#14056 - in reply to #14051)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I'd do it, but a wait a couple of days to see what what changes, if any, there are for 2009.
TimS
Posted 2008-07-22 12:01 PM (#14057 - in reply to #14051)

Iron Butt

If you get a GPS, buy your own.  The Garmin 2720 GPS offered by Victory is obsolete and over-priced.  Get a Garmin 2820 or a Zumo 550.

HTH,

Tim 

golfer
Posted 2008-07-22 12:43 PM (#14064 - in reply to #14053)

Cruiser

pollolittle - 2008-07-22 11:46 AM

This coming from Golfer, that's an endorsement. With the things that bother this guy and still willing to keep it. WOW!!!!

Well, he is coming off a Harley so that changes things a little. I couldn't wait to rid myself of my Ultras...If he were already on a say, a Kingpin, I would recommend waiting for an 09'. The 08's have too many bugs for such a hefty price tag. And Victory sucks for help. But still such a great bike the small things can be overlooked...
Breaker
Posted 2008-07-22 4:23 PM (#14075 - in reply to #14052)

Iron Butt

Western WA
golfer - 2008-07-22 8:42 AM

redmolly - 2008-07-22 11:29 AM

Do it quickly.

And don't trade, try ebay first.

You will be so happy you are on a Vision over a Harley I can't really describe it...

Don't forget CraigsList.

I sold my C50T 2 weeks ago on CL. Took three days. No ebay fees either.
DesertJim
Posted 2008-07-22 5:15 PM (#14082 - in reply to #14064)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
golfer - 2008-07-22 10:43 AM

pollolittle - 2008-07-22 11:46 AM

Well, he is coming off a Harley so that changes things a little. I couldn't wait to rid myself of my Ultras...If he were already on a say, a Kingpin, I would recommend waiting for an 09'. The 08's have too many bugs for such a hefty price tag. And Victory sucks for help. But still such a great bike the small things can be overlooked

This is a HUGE!!! endorsement from gofer- He has had the "pits" with stuff wrong on his Vision-
Wizard523
Posted 2008-07-22 5:56 PM (#14093 - in reply to #14051)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
I have been riding over 40 years, almost 20 of which have been on a Harley. After 6 months of reading reviews on the Vision, I finally went to take a test ride, and bought one that day. Both bikes are great (I plan to keep my Road King, at least for now), but both are completely different rides. I tend to like touring these days, so was interested in upgrading to something a bit more touring friendly (although admittedly, storage could be better). I spent a weekend on a Goldwing, and while it was nice, I was not impressed enough to make a change. I also test rode the new 2008 Harley touring bikes, but they were not that much different than my 2001 Road King. But the Vision really blew me away from the time I drove it out of the parking lot!

I doubt there is a person on this website that would advise you against purchasing a Vision (duh!), but my suggestion to you would be to read all you can about the Vision, then go take a test ride. That is one thing Victory does that I really like; you can get a test ride from your Victory dealer, and for me, that said everything.

I would caution to take what you read on sites like this with perspective. While there are a lot of good things said here, there are also a lot of gripes (all of which are justified, I'm sure). (These "gripes" are almost always followed by some very helpful and insightful thoughts and possible solutions, so be sure to read the entire thread of any subject you are researching. This is a great group of people here, and they have definately helped me!) Personally, my experience with my Vision Tour has been great. Yes, I have had a couple of the glitches reported on this website, but for the most part, my Vision has performed really well so far. (My only remaining gripe is the gross lack of accuracy of my milage computer, but my dealer is working to resolve it. And yes, I did have the iPod problem, but with the download of the latest software, and use of an iPod with flash drive, the problem seems to be solved......including the mute problem.) I have only had my Vision for a month, and just over 1000 miles, but I am very pleased with my decision, and have not regreted it for a moment!

So learn what you can from all the sources you can find, then take a test ride. If you are like many (if not most) of us who have ventured into the Vision world, there will be no doubt about the decision once you've ridden one.

I think there is little doubt that you will be impressed with the Vision once you ride it, and there is no better place to get help than this web site, except for maybe a really good dealer. To that end, if possible (I know dealers can tend to be few and far between) try to find a good Victory dealer. It will be worth it! Mine has been great, which may be why I haven't had many of the problems others have had, and when I do, they are resolved quickly.

Good luck with your decision!