wow
radioteacher
Posted 2008-07-20 10:05 PM (#13934)
Subject: wow

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I took a ride today with my brother and two of his friends. My wife had to work but they were all riding two up. His friends are very nice. It is a small world since we all had people and places in common. The bikes were one Honda V-Twin, two HD Ultra Electra Glides and my Vision.

My brother has over thirty-five years of riding on many different bikes and I have had my motorcycle license for over twenty-five years but today was the first time that my brother and I ever rode together. When I was doing most of my riding we lived in different cities.

What a blast! We all took the lead at different times. I lead the run from San Antonio to Boerne taking the back roads. (Blanco road to Ammann road to 46) We stopped there for a while and drank some water. I was asked about the Vision by the Honda rider. He loved it. I even demonstrated the tip over's. My brother was amazed when I lifted the Vision and set it on the kick stand.

We then cut across 46 East to Bulverde then 281 South next we took a left on 1863 then a right on 3009 . Finally, we turned left on 78. In Cibolo, Texas just few miles up 78, there was a really nice Mexican restaurant for lunch.

My older brother complemented me on my riding and made it clear to me that he was impressed and not just pulling my chain. I thanked him and told him that I have been practicing starts, stops, slow turns and figure eights every chance I get.

After lunch we broke up and went separate ways. In the parking lot, as I was leaving I preformed a perfect U-turn between two rows of cars about twenty-five feet apart from a dead stop. I looked at my brother as I completed the U-turn. I read his lips as he spoke to his passenger "wow".

It will be nice to ride with them again, especially if my wife can get a free weekend.

Edited by radioteacher 2008-07-20 10:08 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cw1115
Posted 2008-07-21 8:02 AM (#13951 - in reply to #13934)
Subject: Re: wow

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
That's great to here. It also is a reminder that practice makes perfect. I got my first bike in 2006, a brand new V-Star 1100. I was not very good a slow speeds. I bought the "Ride Like a Pro" videos and did the practice drills until I could make a circle with my floor board on the ground and win just about any slow race. 27,000 miles later I traded it in for my Vision. I found that I need to do some brushing up with the Vision. I think this motorcycle would be a real challenge for a new rider.
Code Blue
Posted 2008-07-21 7:17 PM (#13999 - in reply to #13934)
Subject: RE: wow

Puddle Jumper

Here's to many more moments between you and your brother..