Read This About Leg Heat
Uncle
Posted 2008-07-12 11:15 AM (#13406)
Subject: Read This About Leg Heat

Cruiser

Newburgh,IN
Hey gang:

This was on the HD Forum. The new HD's have more heat on the legs than the Visions

Hot Legs

This is my first summer on a Harley and I''m feeling the heat! I don''t do a lot of stop and go traffic, but a stop lights I almost cry from the heat on my legs. Hours after I get home there are visual red burns. I wear half chaps and have saddle shields. What''s the next step? I''ve looked at the fan kits, but someone said that won''t help my legs (especially left) much. They suggest an oil cooler? Everything cost good money, so I''m looking for direction before I just start trying things. Any suggestions where to start?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
a99miata
Posted 2008-07-12 11:35 AM (#13407 - in reply to #13406)
Subject: Re: Read This About Leg Heat

Tourer

northwest florida
google " no more fried thighs" heat shield for the harley's...
varyder
Posted 2008-07-12 5:24 PM (#13419 - in reply to #13406)
Subject: RE: Read This About Leg Heat

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Wow. I guess it is all in the toleration of the heat. I find that the heat from the Vision is very tolerable. I read some of the testimonials at the Fried Thigh site, and what I read is that the desire to ride is greater than forsaking being miserable. Or maybe it is just part of that Harley image to be shakin', beatin' and burned to prove you are a man. The Vision is no doubt to me to be the best contructed bike for comfort for the human being ever built. I feel guilty (yeah, right) on how easy I have it on the Vision when I pass a bugged eyed Harley rider that is about worn down to nub after a few miles and and has the desire to press on in spite of the punishment.
bigwill5150
Posted 2008-07-12 7:28 PM (#13422 - in reply to #13406)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Uncle - 2008-07-12 10:15 AM
This is my first summer on a Harley and I''m feeling the heat! I don''t do a lot of stop and go traffic, but a stop lights I almost cry from the heat on my legs.

I think this is what Goerge Carlin had in mind when he pointed out the "pu$$ification or Harley Davidson" on stage. LOL But seriously, there's a freakin' engine with exhaust headers between your legs when you ride a motorcycle. It's part of the experience and guess what they do??? THEY GET HOT!!! Alas relief and a solution are available. Here's a link: http://www.wikihow.com/Drive-a-Car (real link; LOL). Turns out they've had these things for years
Spock
Posted 2008-07-12 9:50 PM (#13425 - in reply to #13419)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

If you think the Vision is too hot you need to install the lower wind deflectors and highway pegs and you will be fine. If you are too hot after installing both of these than you need to give up riding a motorcycle. LOL

The lower wind deflectors make a huge difference in both heat and cold and the new mounting tape they are using is rock solid.

(Right Deflector.jpg)

(Left Deflector.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Right Deflector.jpg (37KB - 16 downloads)
Attachments Left Deflector.jpg (37KB - 6 downloads)
bsquared62
Posted 2008-07-13 10:18 AM (#13445 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Woodstock, GA
So these lower deflectors allow you to redirect airflow to your legs rather than around them? I ask because the inherent reason for deflectors is to deflect, right?
Rebel
Posted 2008-07-13 10:26 AM (#13446 - in reply to #13445)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
bsquared62 - 2008-07-13 10:18 AM

So these lower deflectors allow you to redirect airflow to your legs rather than around them? I ask because the inherent reason for deflectors is to deflect, right?

Yes. They are adjustable, made to swing out for full deflection or in for full diversion of air to the engine and leg area. The clamp/hinge has an adjustment screw on it to make them clamp tighter or looser. When adjusted properly they hold very well in the wind, yet can be easily swung in or out.
bsquared62
Posted 2008-07-13 10:31 AM (#13448 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Woodstock, GA
Cool - thanks. Are these available through the dealer or a third party?
Uncle
Posted 2008-07-13 10:48 AM (#13453 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Newburgh,IN
Bsquare;

Here is the part # 2876259 Don't know about availability though.
maddog
Posted 2008-07-13 11:05 AM (#13454 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Nebraska
How do they help when sitting in traffic ? That's the only time the heat bothers me.
flint350
Posted 2008-07-13 11:30 AM (#13455 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Baltimore, Md
Pardon my (apparent) ignorance, but I don't see, from the photos anyway, how these would divert air toward the legs/engine to dissipate heat any better than normal wind flow. Are they curved in at the trailing edge to somehow induce an inward flow toward the engine? They appear to be in line with the fairing which would not seem to have much different effect than normal flow around the fairing itself. I can see how they would help divert flow, but not how they enhance it to affect cooling. There's probably a simple explanation, but it escapes me with only the two photos to judge by.
Spock
Posted 2008-07-13 11:45 AM (#13459 - in reply to #13455)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

flint350 - 2008-07-13 10:30 AM Pardon my (apparent) ignorance, but I don't see, from the photos anyway, how these would divert air toward the legs/engine to dissipate heat any better than normal wind flow. Are they curved in at the trailing edge to somehow induce an inward flow toward the engine? They appear to be in line with the fairing which would not seem to have much different effect than normal flow around the fairing itself. I can see how they would help divert flow, but not how they enhance it to affect cooling. There's probably a simple explanation, but it escapes me with only the two photos to judge by.

The wind deflectors turn in all the way towards the engine so they provide a lot of adjustment to direct the air where you want it. The picture shows them turn out to the furthest position to block wind from the legs but they will turn in to direct the air to the engine so the air flows along the engine as it exits the back or the engine area to the rear of the bike. While doing this they keep your legs cool without putting a lot of wind force on them.

Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-13 11:55 AM (#13460 - in reply to #13406)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i seen a set at a rally that was just recently here. Victory had them on all their visions for the demo rides. they also turned OFF all the radio too..i asked on of the guys why. and he said they got No reception where the rally was... LOL The ones i seen on the visions werent very eye pleasing. They did not flow with the bike.
flint350
Posted 2008-07-13 12:21 PM (#13466 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Baltimore, Md
Well, now I understand how they work at least (thanks Spock). I guess it comes down to whether I'm really bothered by the heat (only had the bike a month) and the compromise with the aesthetics.
Spock
Posted 2008-07-13 12:22 PM (#13467 - in reply to #13454)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

maddog - 2008-07-13 10:05 AM How do they help when sitting in traffic ? That's the only time the heat bothers me.

That is where the highway pegs help. They allow you to place your feet and legs especially the right further away from the engine while stopped. They also work great when riding both with comfort and foot positioning and to keep the feet and legs cool.

The lower wind deflectors keep your legs cool when moving so when you stop your legs are not already cooked so the heat doesn’t bother you unless you are sitting for a long time.

This combination works well for me even in the 100 plus degree temperatures here in Dallas.

Teach
Posted 2008-07-13 1:12 PM (#13470 - in reply to #13406)

Visionary

Having owned BOTH the HD with the 96ci and now the Vision can impart some personal knowledge. First off the stock 96ci has the crossover under the riders seat front which gets REALLY hot. Yes they make deflectors, parade fans, and a free flash download that will shut down the offending rear cylinder during idle and just off idle for heat relief. NONE of these fully eliminate the heat, after all it is a big Vtwin. What will is going to a true dual which can be expensive. Fulsac offers a dual conversion VERY cheap at only $175 and i does eliminate the heat without remap or anything else, problem SOLVED.
Now lets look at the Vision. Anyone with half a brain had to know that a big ole cowl that was aimed at directing airflow across the engine would also allow the heat from said engine to be directed across the legs of the rider (see Goldwing). Victories answer?? Hwy Pegs which stretch your legs out away from the heat, but in doing so alters the riders position. Lets not mention the issue is most noticeable in town where hwy pegs should not be used. Ok so lets add deflectors. Yeah like that hasn't been done before (again see HD & Goldwing). This is a BS fix for a heat issue. Will you get a little relief? Sure but not enough to justify the $200+ price tag. Now in all reality Victory SHOULD be GIVING the lower air deflectors to owners of 2008's since it is a design/warranty issue. What you say, how could this be warranty related?
Look at your pipes (which isn't hard since they reflect in the belt guard/cover) they are blue as hell. The Vision like the HD are SOOOOO lean to meet EPA and hence the heat issues. Since Victory doesn't want to richen up the download spec's to address this issue of heat, they should provide the deflectors free of charge to address the heat caused by the overly lean running condition.
Bottom line is all these heat issues be it Harley or Victory are the result of EPA restrictions. The real solution is for you to install fuel processor so you can set your bike up where it should be. Or you could just learn to live with a little heat. I frankly ride with my feet more forward on the roll over guards and don't have an issue with the heat.
varyder
Posted 2008-07-13 4:02 PM (#13477 - in reply to #13470)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Teach - 2008-07-13 1:12 PM Having owned BOTH the HD with the 96ci and now the Vision can impart some personal knowledge. First off the stock 96ci has the crossover under the riders seat front which gets REALLY hot. Yes they make deflectors, parade fans, and a free flash download that will shut down the offending rear cylinder during idle and just off idle for heat relief. NONE of these fully eliminate the heat, after all it is a big Vtwin. What will is going to a true dual which can be expensive. Fulsac offers a dual conversion VERY cheap at only $175 and i does eliminate the heat without remap or anything else, problem SOLVED. Now lets look at the Vision. Anyone with half a brain had to know that a big ole cowl that was aimed at directing airflow across the engine would also allow the heat from said engine to be directed across the legs of the rider (see Goldwing). Victories answer?? Hwy Pegs which stretch your legs out away from the heat, but in doing so alters the riders position. Lets not mention the issue is most noticeable in town where hwy pegs should not be used. Ok so lets add deflectors. Yeah like that hasn't been done before (again see HD & Goldwing). This is a BS fix for a heat issue. Will you get a little relief? Sure but not enough to justify the $200+ price tag. Now in all reality Victory SHOULD be GIVING the lower air deflectors to owners of 2008's since it is a design/warranty issue. What you say, how could this be warranty related? Look at your pipes (which isn't hard since they reflect in the belt guard/cover) they are blue as hell. The Vision like the HD are SOOOOO lean to meet EPA and hence the heat issues. Since Victory doesn't want to richen up the download spec's to address this issue of heat, they should provide the deflectors free of charge to address the heat caused by the overly lean running condition. Bottom line is all these heat issues be it Harley or Victory are the result of EPA restrictions. The real solution is for you to install fuel processor so you can set your bike up where it should be. Or you could just learn to live with a little heat. I frankly ride with my feet more forward on the roll over guards and don't have an issue with the heat.

Whew! Thanks Teach, I was beginning to think it was Bush's fault.

Supposeably Victory is coming out with a new stock download to rich it up a tad because of the stalling as the result of the lean mixture. Soooooo maybe... Again, just may be a rumor but my dealer told me that Victory is trying to get all the 2008's straight before the announcement of the 2009's.

bsquared62
Posted 2008-07-13 4:36 PM (#13479 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Woodstock, GA
So it seems to me from this thread that the deflectors are:
1) effective at speed
2) over $200
3) not that attractive

Also, from this and other threads, there are two ways to cool off the engine:
1) install a fuel processor that permits a richening of the mixture
2) install the permanent oil filter that lowers the temperature 10-15 degrees

The total of these is about $400 and the solution will work both at slow and fast speeds. Does that about sum it up?
Indiana RoadRunner
Posted 2008-07-13 7:29 PM (#13484 - in reply to #13406)

Tourer

Dale, Indiana
You know if it wasn't for this forum, I would have never known that the heat was an issue.
I have always thought that sitting on V-Twin would be warm on hot days.
Guess I didn't know that the bike should ride like it's air-conditioned.

Silly me

Spock
Posted 2008-07-13 8:09 PM (#13485 - in reply to #13479)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

bsquared62 - 2008-07-13 3:36 PM So it seems to me from this thread that the deflectors are: 1) effective at speed 2) over $200 3) not that attractive Also, from this and other threads, there are two ways to cool off the engine: 1) install a fuel processor that permits a richening of the mixture 2) install the permanent oil filter that lowers the temperature 10-15 degrees The total of these is about $400 and the solution will work both at slow and fast speeds. Does that about sum it up?

The lower wind deflectors provide a lot more than relieve from the heat. They do a better job of keeping you warm in the cold weather than they do in keeping you cool in the hot weather. They can also keep the wind off your legs when you have your feet part way out on the highway pegs.

I ride my bike to work most of the time and wear dress slacks and I can adjust the wind deflectors to keep the wind off my legs so my pants do blow up my leg yet don’t get too hot. They work great.

Everyone I know who has installed them wouldn’t part with them.

bsquared62
Posted 2008-07-13 9:31 PM (#13488 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Woodstock, GA
Thanks, Spock! That sounds like a ringing endorsement.
tralphaz
Posted 2008-07-14 3:10 AM (#13521 - in reply to #13488)

Tourer

For me, the heat seams to be more of an issue at highway speed than around town since the bike forms such a nice non-turbulent "bubble" around the rider while cruising that the heat is trapped behind the legs and air is blown around the rider. I actually played with the stock deflectors moving them in and out until a draft was caused that broke the bubble a little around the legs, it was still warm but much more tolerable.
victory2002
Posted 2008-07-14 8:24 AM (#13531 - in reply to #13521)

Cruiser

Northeast Pennsylvania
tralphaz - 2008-07-14 3:10 AM

For me, the heat seams to be more of an issue at highway speed than around town since the bike forms such a nice non-turbulent "bubble" around the rider while cruising that the heat is trapped behind the legs and air is blown around the rider. I actually played with the stock deflectors moving them in and out until a draft was caused that broke the bubble a little around the legs, it was still warm but much more tolerable.

Worked for me also. Only time I really feel the heat is stopped in traffic and I try not to stay in that situation. All my V-twins had heat issues. I wear boots, long pants, and ride fast
bigwill5150
Posted 2008-07-14 8:32 AM (#13532 - in reply to #13484)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Yeah, I've also begun to realize what I'd be dealing with if I weren't wearing the equivalent of riding boots. I suppose I've never tried to ride in low-cut boots or sneakers because I always run around in long-lace, steel toes. I might try riding with some gym shoes and see what that's like.

Edited by bigwill5150 2008-07-14 8:34 AM
HONDAFIXER
Posted 2008-07-14 9:04 AM (#13535 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

LONDONDERRY NH
Just picked up my Vision this weekend and the only thing I don't like is the heat on the legs. At highway speeds the heat just below the knees on the inside is unbearable. May try the wind deflectors
CmyVision
Posted 2008-07-14 5:39 PM (#13561 - in reply to #13406)

Puddle Jumper

Temecula, California
I didn't know there was a heat problem until reading a thread here. What I discovered is that I always ride with my chaps on, one day I didn't and I finally felt the heat you guy's are always talking about. Soooooo wear chaps. I know the next remark will be "on a hot day I don't want to wear chaps". Guy's chaps are cooler than the engine heat, your choice.
exharleyrider
Posted 2008-07-22 9:48 PM (#14131 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

just traded the ultra in on the vision. was out this weekend and it was 98 degrees. heat was about the same as the harley without lowers except my harley boots had an adverse reaction to the vision and my right foot felt like it was on fire even at highway speeds. i keep my feet out on the roll over pads also. it's a big twin and i expect heat especially with the fairing without removable lowers. it was nice riding at that temp and not overheating and breaking down. so far i like the vision better but would quarrel with the statement that the riding position is better. imho it is equal. what's up with the small power port in the glove box?
Rebel
Posted 2008-07-22 9:53 PM (#14135 - in reply to #13406)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
what's up with the small power port in the glove box?
It's for plugging in heated clothing. There's a thread here somewhere that discusses some of the things to do with it. There's a couple of links to some adapters to different types of plugs and a descrption of how to replace it with your Joe Basic cigarette-type port.

And welcome to the Victory Vision Club.
varyder
Posted 2008-07-22 9:57 PM (#14136 - in reply to #14131)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

exharleyrider - 2008-07-22 9:48 PM just traded the ultra in on the vision. was out this weekend and it was 98 degrees. heat was about the same as the harley without lowers except my harley boots had an adverse reaction to the vision and my right foot felt like it was on fire even at highway speeds. i keep my feet out on the roll over pads also. it's a big twin and i expect heat especially with the fairing without removable lowers. it was nice riding at that temp and not overheating and breaking down. so far i like the vision better but would quarrel with the statement that the riding position is better. imho it is equal. what's up with the small power port in the glove box?

Of all fairness I cannot say that the Vision sits better than any Harley only because I've only rode one Harley, but I must admit the floorboards on the Vision are worth the Texas two-step when it comes to the long run.

The small plug is for an MP3 player and can be replace with a iPod dohicky from your local Victory stealer. The other plug is the BMW style power supply. There is one in the tour pack on the Tour models as well. You can even have one added to the console for the air conditioned jump suits. Well, heated jackets, that's air conditioning isn't it?

Welcome XHR!!

exharleyrider
Posted 2008-07-22 10:48 PM (#14158 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Thanks guys. I found the powerlet web page about the power port. Victory Stealer also has an adapter for 20 bucks but like everything else they are on back order. You guys seem to have some options I didn't get, like the extra power port in the trunk. tThere is also a plug under the trim panel in front of the seat. I think I could use that to plug in a port.
maddog
Posted 2008-08-03 9:31 PM (#15137 - in reply to #13454)

Cruiser

Nebraska
maddog - 2008-07-13 10:05 AM

How do they help when sitting in traffic ? That's the only time the heat bothers me.

I changed my mind. Its been in the high 90's low 100's here the last few days. I ordered the vents yesterday. Still think they look like crap though.

Edited by maddog 2008-08-03 9:32 PM
varyder
Posted 2008-08-03 11:15 PM (#15142 - in reply to #13406)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I'm still holding out. I rode a dealer demo and I found they do work. But to me the heat is not an issue. I hear also a plus is that in the winter it creates a bigger pocket to keep the heat in. I'm considering on cutting the inner cowling as some have mention, but I'll wait to see how turns first.
dtoddrship
Posted 2008-08-05 3:30 PM (#15249 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Austin, Texas
My principle issue with the air deflectors is the mounting bracket. It appears to be powder coated black, which looks like crap on my beautiful silver Vision. If the mount were chrome, it would look great with every color of the Vision and would also look more like it was meant to be there rather than an add-on.

I ordered a pair, looked at them at the dealer, and gave them back. I'd rather treat the first degree burns than have that particular mount change the look of the bike.
Wizard523
Posted 2008-08-05 7:02 PM (#15262 - in reply to #13406)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
After almost 20 years on a Harley, the heat is not really a problem for me. As I said in another thread, the heat seems relatively the same as on my Road King, which I would expect from an air cooled V twin. Actually, I am surprised the heat is not more given all the body work.

Personally, I really love the Vision, and enjoy it more with each ride. I still have my Road King, and while they are completely different bikes, I really prefer the Vision. Yes, it has its bugs, and heat may be one of them, but for me, I am just glad to get on every morining and not see oil in the floor of my garage. I can tell you from experience that the "bugs" I am finding in the Vision pale in comparison with the Harleys I have owned. Don't get me wrong, I still love Harley, but the Vision has so many advantages, in my opinion, that overall I think it is a superior bike.

As far as the lower wind deflectors, I think they really detract from the lines of the bodywork, but that's just me. Personally, I can handle the heat (and will probably cherish it in the winter), and would much prefer a bit of heat to muckiing up the look of the bike. But again, that's just my opinion.
witchbiker
Posted 2008-08-05 7:30 PM (#15263 - in reply to #14135)

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States
Just buy the adaptor for $20 at your dealer. It's about 4" long, and plugs into the outlet in the tour pack and the "glove box". the other end is like your ciggy lighter or reg. car plug-in.
rlreed
Posted 2008-08-05 10:11 PM (#15292 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Tavares, Fl
I've gone from Gold Wings to a Yamaha Venture to the Vision. I only have 700 miles on it so the jury is still out on whether I made a mistake selling the Venture. I do wish the Vision was a water cooled engine but I have to admit I haven't found the heat to be unbearable and I ride in shorts and gym shoes, always have and always will. I can't get into the black leather even though I do have the leather jacket, boots and chaps for the winter... I go to Florida in the winter so I ride year round. When I get in stop and go traffic I slide my feet so that the balls of me feet and toes are on the rear of the floor board and I have no problem with the heat.
edradio
Posted 2008-08-05 10:22 PM (#15293 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Las Vegas, Nevada USA baby!
Like I keep saying, I must be nerve dead, or my leg length is just right, or or or.. heck, I don't know.

BUT, I ride my Vision Tour Premium sans trunk in 100-110 plus degree desert heat here in Las Vegas and vicinity, and I do not have a leg heat problem.

Now last year when I rode my water cooled 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600, I used to get inner thigh roasted flesh regularly.

So like I said, either the Vulcan Nomad ruined my nerves, or I just happen to fit the Vision just right so that my legs aren't affected. Who knows?

EdRadio
pollolittle
Posted 2008-08-06 10:38 AM (#15320 - in reply to #13406)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
It's just you edradio, the perfect man we all wish we could be. Then again you could be teach or golfer. HEEHEHEHHE HOOHOHHOOHO!!!

or just SandintheCrevicesJim, who as we all know should model more t-shirts.
varyder
Posted 2008-08-06 11:00 AM (#15323 - in reply to #15320)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

pollolittle - 2008-08-06 10:38 AM It's just you edradio, the perfect man we all wish we could be. Then again you could be teach or golfer. HEEHEHEHHE HOOHOHHOOHO!!! or just SandintheCrevicesJim, who as we all know should model more t-shirts.

Seems like old times. Greetings ER, and of course PL. Where have you been, Ed? Any stories to tell? Or have you just been riding and radioing to have time to "blog"?

Edited by varyder 2008-08-06 11:01 AM
pollolittle
Posted 2008-08-06 11:16 AM (#15328 - in reply to #13406)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
my sincere and delusional apologies, I have taken a small sabatical (not quite sure what that means, need to go look it up). I really enjoy the old times. Will promptly get back to the olden days, then again for some of these guys on here it shouldn't be too hard. For you really slow (old) guys this was a reference to your AGE!
edradio
Posted 2008-08-06 6:21 PM (#15372 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Las Vegas, Nevada USA baby!
Pollolittle, it is just me, (not the perfect man), just the right dimensions for missing the heat dissipation!

Varyder, I've been busy in radio, instructing broadcasting classes, gearing up for a new set of audio books I will be doing Voice over for as well as directing other talent.

HOWEVER; I have been riding, in the day heat, night heat, weekend heat, and during our humid "monsoon" days, and thankfully I am not affected by the heat off of the Vision engine, although last year I was on my Nomad engine. I really do think my body and leg dimensions just "luck me out"!

EdRadio
Hippo
Posted 2008-08-07 1:58 AM (#15415 - in reply to #13406)

Cruiser

Warren, Vermont
I just don't understand all the freaking whining about the heat from the engine on the Vision! Eh, we've got some big jugs with lots of explosions going on in them - there is gonna be some heat - find me another V-twin 106 that is cooler.

I've put 10k on my Vision and am currently in Sturgis having rode from Vermont. I've been in some hot weather and with the combination of the big floor boards, the upper wind deflectors (adjust them to blow air on your legs), and the highway pegs -- you merely have to move your legs a bit and the heat is not even very apparent.

Those lower wind deflectors is so butt-ugly it is hideous and ruins the beautiful lines of the Vision.. Notice the 10th Anniversary model does not have 'em.

What a wonderful bike - this is the best touring bike I have owned and if the number of Visions and Victories at Sturgis is any indication, Victory is on a wicked good roll!

Hippo
Dallas_Gal
Posted 2008-08-07 9:37 PM (#15536 - in reply to #13406)

Puddle Jumper

Plano, TX
I have issues with the heat also. I'm going to get some type of lower leg chaps for the summer. I usually wear full chaps in the winter. The lower deflectors sound good, but I think they look weird. I would like to see them in person some time. Other than Spock, there aren't too many Visions in the area yet....

I guess this is one of those "suffering for beauty" things...

Keep it safe.

KC
cjnoho
Posted 2008-08-07 11:55 PM (#15551 - in reply to #13406)

Visionary

So Cal
The cat.s are located in the right side head pipe. Cat.s generate heat to curb emissions. I was just wondering if those of you that have excessive heat, dont have a fuel map calibration problem? Has anyone talked to their dealer about it?
tralphaz
Posted 2008-08-08 1:43 AM (#15558 - in reply to #15551)

Tourer

cjnoho - 2008-08-07 8:55 PM

The cat.s are located in the right side head pipe. Cat.s generate heat to curb emissions. I was just wondering if those of you that have excessive heat, dont have a fuel map calibration problem? Has anyone talked to their dealer about it?

Actually, the cats are located in the pipe just in front of the slip-ons, behind the crossover, both sides, just below the passenger footrests. Unlikely that we're feeling the heat from the cats or things would be much hotter.