Do we have any electronic answers?
AzCruizer
Posted 2008-07-06 7:59 PM (#12972)
Subject: Do we have any electronic answers?

Puddle Jumper

Gilbert, AZ
Well after 2 months and 2600+ miles, I'm still enjoying every mile on my Vision. I have recently however encountered some electronic "glitches" with my radio and trip computer. Things seem to reset themselves from time to time. It's kind of a hit and miss thing, with no specific reoccuring problem. Have any of you encountered this, and has the dealer been able to resolve these glitches?

Ride safe,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bsquared62
Posted 2008-07-06 8:26 PM (#12974 - in reply to #12972)
Subject: Re: Do we have any electronic answers?

Cruiser

Woodstock, GA
I've only had mine for two days, and I've had all kinds of issues with the radio controls on the handlebars. The volume changes the station, the "up" tuning button makes the radio go down, the "down" also makes it go down, the "up" toggles between two frequencies, etc. I think I'll just stick with the iPod...
Carolina Tom
Posted 2008-07-06 9:09 PM (#12979 - in reply to #12972)

Cruiser

Lexington, North Carolina
I've experienced the trip computer restting itself. Seems to just happen at random times. The time and mileage computations reset. Haven't even had the dealer check on it yet. As far as the radio, I've been very fortunate, all the buttons work right and I think the sound is pretty good.
rainmaker
Posted 2008-07-06 10:29 PM (#12994 - in reply to #12974)

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
bsquared62 - 2008-07-06 7:26 PM

I've only had mine for two days, and I've had all kinds of issues with the radio controls on the handlebars. The volume changes the station, the "up" tuning button makes the radio go down, the "down" also makes it go down, the "up" toggles between two frequencies, etc. I think I'll just stick with the iPod...

The switches on some builds have the issues you describe. Check back with your dealer for possible replacement.
rainmaker
Posted 2008-07-06 10:35 PM (#12995 - in reply to #12972)
Subject: RE: Do we have any electronic answers?

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
AzCruizer - 2008-07-06 6:59 PM

Well after 2 months and 2600+ miles, I'm still enjoying every mile on my Vision. I have recently however encountered some electronic "glitches" with my radio and trip computer. Things seem to reset themselves from time to time. It's kind of a hit and miss thing, with no specific reoccuring problem. Have any of you encountered this, and has the dealer been able to resolve these glitches?

Ride safe,

I have had my XM reset so I had to call and get activated again. The only thing I can think of was that I drained the battery the night before and threw it on a charger. Maybe I screwed it up that way.
Your Instrument Cluster is in control of the trip computer. if you continue to have problems with it resetting, I suugest you report back th the dealer and have the connections checked.
Rebel
Posted 2008-07-06 11:23 PM (#12997 - in reply to #12972)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
AzCruizer - 2008-07-06 7:59 PM

I have recently however encountered some electronic "glitches" with my radio and trip computer. Things seem to reset themselves from time to time. It's kind of a hit and miss thing, with no specific reoccuring problem.

I haven't had any problems with the dash (tripmeter, etc.), but I do have problems with my radio. I often (as in, more than 50% of the time) experience little glitches concerning the audio system's "memory". Most of the time when I turn the bike off and then restart it the system does not remember previous settings. It's really hit and miss as to what will be wrong, but usually it's the wrong radio station, wrong volume setting, or wrong function choice.
Indiana RoadRunner
Posted 2008-07-06 11:47 PM (#12999 - in reply to #12972)

Tourer

Dale, Indiana
AzCruizer - 2008-07-06 6:59 PM

Ride safe,

I had a lot of problems like yours PLUS MORE last May.
The dealer ‘flashed' and updated the system.
That ended that problem.

Bearcat
Posted 2008-07-06 11:49 PM (#13000 - in reply to #12972)

Cruiser

Prescott Valley, AZ
My only electrical glitch has been with the time meter. I always reset it whenever I refuel and then later it decides to reset itself at random times. It has gone as long as 3 hours or more and has reset at less than 30 minutes? I spoke to a Victory "Rep" at AZ Bike Week, he said he had not heard of anyone having this problem. It's not a really big deal but I'd sure like to hear from someone that has the answer as to why it does this. It is a GREAT Bike all around and granted it is a first year model but in this day and age of electronics you'd think a manufacturer would be able to trace something like this down and add a fix.

Ride Safe, Ride Often!!