Interesting comparison of Vision, BMW, Goldwing, and HD
Rebel
Posted 2008-07-06 11:03 AM (#12951)
Subject: Interesting comparison of Vision, BMW, Goldwing, and HD

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Found a decent review of the Vision on YouTube from MCN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYUbURkdvnY&feature=related
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Teach
Posted 2008-07-07 2:38 PM (#13039 - in reply to #12951)
Subject: Re: Interesting comparison of Vision, BMW, Goldwing, and HD

Visionary

Thats probably one of the most honest quick compares I have seen and in my opinion he's probably spot on the money with his rankings & opinion. I came real close to picking up a BMW instead of the Vision, but the Vision dealer was closer, lol......
Spock
Posted 2008-07-07 3:17 PM (#13045 - in reply to #13039)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

Teach - 2008-07-07 1:38 PM Thats probably one of the most honest quick compares I have seen and in my opinion he's probably spot on the money with his rankings & opinion. I came real close to picking up a BMW instead of the Vision, but the Vision dealer was closer, lol......

It provides a comparison but they missed some important facts and I think he was biased towards the BMW. He mentioned they were only getting 130 miles per tank on the Vision. The worst I have gotten is 200 miles per tank and that was riding at 95 mph plus in a 30 mph head wind going up grade loaded down. He had some nice things to say about the Vision but he never addressed the three key advantages of the Vision; comfort, wind and weather protection and handling. I have ridden all four bikes and the Vision beats every one of the three in each of these categories.

I have talked with two people in the DFW metroplex that currently have BMW 1200 LT's and as sooon as they can find a buyer for their BMW's they are going to buy the Vision. One thing they said is the cost of ownership for the BMW is off the chart.

bigwill5150
Posted 2008-07-07 3:50 PM (#13047 - in reply to #12951)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Ditto what Spock said! I was down to the Road Glide or the 1200LT when I found the Vision. Buying the Harley was going to force me to spend bukoo$ on upgrades and I'd still be comprimising what I wanted on the bike. The 1200LT would have easily doubled the cost of ownership (not to mention insurance, which for me was ranking up with a sport bike) PLUS I'd have been trailering the stupid thing over 400mi to the nearest dealership in the next state over.