I've gone keyless!
Fergy
Posted 2008-06-23 10:20 PM (#12283)
Subject: I've gone keyless!

Cruiser

Frisco, TX

I received my digital guard dog today and just got it installed. It works as advertised.

The hardware is mounted behind the front fairing and the accessory switch is in the left iPod pocket. I'll test a lot of stops and starts tomorrow. Hopefully it won't leave me stranded.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
darrylbjr
Posted 2008-06-25 2:32 PM (#12375 - in reply to #12283)
Subject: RE: I've gone keyless!

Puddle Jumper

No Key = Cannot lock your bags or steering lock?

Maybe I'm missing something but what are the benefits of the Digital Guard Dog when you still have to carry a key for the above?
GAgirlTrixie
Posted 2008-06-25 6:43 PM (#12389 - in reply to #12375)

Tourer

Savannah, GA -Year round riding!! Yay!

It's a security system also. Without the key fob, the bike is completely disabled.

(I have one sitting in the garage, just waiting for time to get put one. Right now, the rear tire that I blew last week on my way to NC is priority....)

Fergy
Posted 2008-06-25 6:59 PM (#12391 - in reply to #12375)

Cruiser

Frisco, TX

darrylbjr - 2008-06-25 1:32 PM No Key = Cannot lock your bags or steering lock? Maybe I'm missing something but what are the benefits of the Digital Guard Dog when you still have to carry a key for the above?

Check the link in my original post on this thread. It's a keyless ignition switch. It uses RFID to detect if the keyfob is near and allows you to start the bike without the need of a key. You still need the key to lock the bags, lock the handlebars, and pop open the gas cap. Otherwise, you sit on the bike, turn on the switch on the right handlebar grip, hit the starter and you're off. When you stop and get off the bike, the bike's ignition is disabled and can't be started. I never liked having to leave the key in the ignition. This does away with that. Plus, if you have the key in your pocket and walk up to the bike, you can just get on and ride off without having to put the key in the ignition and turn it. The device may not be worth it for most but for me I'm quite fond of it.

kellyd
Posted 2008-06-25 7:50 PM (#12392 - in reply to #12283)

Puddle Jumper

Centerville , Utah
How much and how was the installation? I like the idea.
Fergy
Posted 2008-06-25 7:54 PM (#12393 - in reply to #12392)

Cruiser

Frisco, TX

kellyd - 2008-06-25 6:50 PM How much and how was the installation? I like the idea.

Install is very easy. Cost is mentioned on the website. I think it's $399 or something like that.