Polk Speakers
pollolittle
Posted 2008-06-19 9:38 AM (#12075)
Subject: Polk Speakers

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Polk has a couple of different speakers for marine use which should be good for us. I got some kind of noise coming out of my stock speakers and looking to replace them. The component set looks like a good set and I could mount the tweeters externally. Find me an amp and maybe I get a new set real soon. Anybody seen these or tried them? I wanna rock!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DesertJim
Posted 2008-06-19 10:00 AM (#12076 - in reply to #12075)
Subject: Re: Polk Speakers

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Poot - I think I saw those on the latest underwater two man submarine this Spring at the annual AQUA show in Des Moines IA. They looked really good but I did not hear the quality of the sould as they were in a large indoor shark tank. Good luck on your find and let me know how they sound. Update your miles it is 20 days behind. How was the muskeeteer trip?
pollolittle
Posted 2008-06-19 4:58 PM (#12096 - in reply to #12075)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
GetoutofmySandboxJim - Oh how I would have paid to see you go in the shark tank, money well spent. Just looking around at like J&M, Hawgtunes, they look like the stuff I started out with in the early nineties messing with stereos. The Polk speakers look like a good build and quality materials. Specs on them are pretty decent too. I have my damaged casing that holds the speakers and I think I will take it somewhere and see what I can come up with that will fit and sound Good. I also have a big old school amp just to see what'll happen. Specs say 53 hz but you got to be able to drive em that low. We'll see.

Mileage gets updated once a month wirelessly from my bike to this site. Keeps you guessing?

I thought nobody noticed I was gone. "I Love you Man!" Quote from a great commercial. Let me see, no major calamity, I was surprised to say the least. The quick rundown is 8 folks - Me and the honey, 4, 7, 13, 17 (bundle of irritation), 62 (mother-in-law), 65 (mother-in-law) (both of our moms went). The youngest ones had a blast and loved meeting all the characters and meeting me(star). Mickey and Tigger were a HIT. Got to ride some roller coasters and catch some shows. three days a Disney world and 1 at Sea World, Go Shamu!
Overall a big hit all around. I'll get to do it again and maybe ride more roller coasters. Somehow I missed the bumper cars, I love those! Where else can you run into someone legally and get away with it without a lawsuit.
pollolittle
Posted 2008-06-19 5:01 PM (#12097 - in reply to #12075)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I'msteppinonyoursandJim - I don't see your sig with mileage attached, keep me entertained, put something there. I know you are at or over 15,000.
DesertJim
Posted 2008-06-19 10:20 PM (#12112 - in reply to #12075)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Pooptheshamuwithkidsand2muthainlaws= Man what a blast that would be- You needed a cousin or shirttail relative to take the tour director job for that outing - I can picture the Clampetts now crusin down to WallyWolrd - Sounds like the smartest of the family was the fatherinlaws stayin home on the front porch having a cold one! BTW, did you all stay in one motel room? lottery for the bathroom - been there done that- I thought Shamu was in California??

Yes just at 15k and lovin every day, although I need to pick and choose the days and times - nice 113 degrees today (dry heat no problem)

Good luck with your Pokem speakers-
g1nomad
Posted 2008-06-20 4:10 PM (#12142 - in reply to #12075)
Subject: RE: Polk Speakers

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
Looks like the posting went wack. I am looking at the Polk's too over at
www.crutchfield.com, although I ain't looking at those with unattached tweeters.
They have one set for 89.99, and you get the 2nd pair ½ off. But then they
have a more premium pair for $99.00. So, I either pay $135, or $200 for
4 speakers.

Do you really think you need an amplifier? I think just better speakers.

If you really want better sound, and at the same time be a better neighbor, you
should buy the intercom/CB for full faced helmet speakers. I still can't believe
the Vision doesn't have a factory install intercom. If the 2009 does, I am trading!