Check this out - Keyless Ignition for the Vision!
sjavera
Posted 2008-06-18 8:56 PM (#12055)
Subject: Check this out - Keyless Ignition for the Vision!

Puddle Jumper

Lake Park, GA
http://www.digitalguarddog.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_C...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
buddahead
Posted 2008-06-19 12:38 AM (#12066 - in reply to #12055)
Subject: RE: Check this out - Keyless Ignition for the Vision!

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
That's pretty cool... but how do you lock the fork and glove box without using the key?
victory2002
Posted 2008-06-19 6:42 AM (#12068 - in reply to #12055)
Subject: Re: Check this out - Keyless Ignition for the Vision!

Cruiser

Northeast Pennsylvania
what about the gas door
sjavera
Posted 2008-06-19 9:08 AM (#12070 - in reply to #12055)

Puddle Jumper

Lake Park, GA
Still require the key to lock and unlock stuff. Its cool though to just walk up to the bike and hit start and go. I guess from a security standpoint it disables the ignition. I was maily suprised that they are supporting the Vision so quickly.
firehawk
Posted 2008-06-19 11:17 AM (#12079 - in reply to #12055)

Cruiser

College Station, Tx
Ouch for $399 I'll just turn my key to the on position before pushing the start button.. Neat product though.
varyder
Posted 2008-06-19 11:45 AM (#12080 - in reply to #12055)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

sjavera - 2008-06-18 8:56 PM http://www.digitalguarddog.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DGD&Product_Code=DGD-KIM-V2&Category_Code=KEY[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, wonder if it would work in the winter time so I could start up the Vision before I went outside and the seat would be good and toasty by the time I went out?

victory2002
Posted 2008-06-19 12:04 PM (#12081 - in reply to #12055)

Cruiser

Northeast Pennsylvania
if you could talk someone in to going out and pushing the start button for ya
Fergy
Posted 2008-06-19 5:56 PM (#12099 - in reply to #12055)

Cruiser

Frisco, TX

sjavera - 2008-06-18 7:56 PM http://www.digitalguarddog.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DGD&Product_Code=DGD-KIM-V2&Category_Code=KEY[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I just ordered one along with an extra keyfob. I talked to the tech guy there and he gave me all the info. Should be an easy install. I'm happy to get rid of having to keep the key in the ignition all the time. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it installed.

Len Rhymes
Posted 2008-06-19 6:56 PM (#12100 - in reply to #12055)

Jacksonville Florida
Varyder, lools like you have to be within 10 feet for the start system to work. If in deed it was a true remote start system I would buy it.
Fergy
Posted 2008-06-19 7:52 PM (#12103 - in reply to #12100)

Cruiser

Frisco, TX

Len Rhymes - 2008-06-19 5:56 PM Varyder, lools like you have to be within 10 feet for the start system to work. If in deed it was a true remote start system I would buy it.

Hmm... I'm not sure how that would work and why that would be needed. I usually leave my bike in gear when parked. Some may not, but to do a remote start you'd have to leave it in neutral or have some other system to make it work. I guess I don't understand the need of a remote start system on a motorcycle. The pupose of the keyless ignition, though, makes more sense. First, I don't like having to leave the key in the ignition. Second, it's convenient to hop on the bike, turn on the start/stop switch, start the bike and ride off without having to hunt for your key. Hopefully you don't leave the key on the workbench by the bike, though.

Fergy
Posted 2008-06-19 7:53 PM (#12104 - in reply to #12100)

Cruiser

Frisco, TX

Len Rhymes - 2008-06-19 5:56 PM Varyder, lools like you have to be within 10 feet for the start system to work. If in deed it was a true remote start system I would buy it.

Hmm... I'm not sure how that would work and why that would be needed. I usually leave my bike in gear when parked. Some may not, but to do a remote start you'd have to leave it in neutral or have some other system to make it work. I guess I don't understand the need of a remote start system on a motorcycle. The pupose of the keyless ignition, though, makes more sense. First, I don't like having to leave the key in the ignition. Second, it's convenient to hop on the bike, turn on the start/stop switch, start the bike and ride off without having to hunt for your key. Hopefully you don't leave the key on the workbench by the bike, though.

Len Rhymes
Posted 2008-06-20 7:28 PM (#12151 - in reply to #12055)

Jacksonville Florida
And don't have your Low Jack fob in your pocket after you drop your bike off at the dealers, because when they move it you will get a cell phone call, a e mail and voice mail on your home phone. Technology, don't you just love it?