Static
Crawford
Posted 2008-06-16 11:26 PM (#11956)
Subject: Static

Tourer

Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Has anyone had problems with static electricity on their Vision? I have a Black Vision and whenever I am wiping it down I get zipped with static shocks. The problem being isn't the shocks but the body work seems to pull the dust right out the air. I can finish wiping the Vision down and look at where I started and the dust is already starting to accumulate again. I wonder if a static strip like they use on cars would remove the static and where would you attach it.

I know black shows dirt and dust more so than another colour but this is ridiculous.

Other than a few problems like that, the more ride this motorcycle the more I love it. I am riding this motorcycle more aggressively than I have any other motorcycle I have ever ridden and still feel well within my comfort zone. I've been riding since I was 15, that's over 40 years of riding experience.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2008-06-17 6:03 AM (#11958 - in reply to #11956)
Subject: Re: Static

Visionary

What are you using to clean it? I found the baby shampoo keeps my bike from getting dirty as quickly. My thoughts are that it cuts the static charge. Maybe just a change in your cleaner would work?
Does it happen after washing or after using a quickie spray cleaner?
Maybe it's that alien spaceship buried in your driveway? :P
Codfather
Posted 2008-06-17 7:45 AM (#11959 - in reply to #11956)
Subject: Re: Static

Cruiser

Crawford I live in Florida and don't ride on any roads except asphalt, so my bike doesn't get to funky. After each ride I use Moto Pro cleaner and polish. This stuff works well as you spray on and wipe off. The bugs remove without to much work and the bike after 7 months looks new. I have never washed the bike, just spray and wipe down all plastic and metal. This stuff works. Bruce
varyder
Posted 2008-06-17 7:49 AM (#11961 - in reply to #11956)
Subject: RE: Static

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Crawford - 2008-06-16 11:26 PMHas anyone had problems with static electricity on their Vision? I have a Black Vision and whenever I am wiping it down I get zipped with static shocks. The problem being isn't the shocks but the body work seems to pull the dust right out the air. I can finish wiping the Vision down and look at where I started and the dust is already starting to accumulate again. I wonder if a static strip like they use on cars would remove the static and where would you attach it.I know black shows dirt and dust more so than another colour but this is ridiculous.Other than a few problems like that, the more ride this motorcycle the more I love it. I am riding this motorcycle more aggressively than I have any other motorcycle I have ever ridden and still feel well within my comfort zone. I've been riding since I was 15, that's over 40 years of riding experience.

I think it is trying to go "BACK TO THE FUTURE!" It's just the flux capacitor trying to kick over, get it up to 88mph and see what happens.

I also have to agree with you on the ride with more of a surety than any other bike. I've found myself in "close calls" that don't make me panic and I handle the situation much better and get away from the hazard. I point out pollolittle's pile of sheetrock excursion and how he regained the road with ease. This bike is different in the right kinda way.

Edited by varyder 2008-06-17 7:54 AM