Riding the Natchez Trace
STARSHIP 1
Posted 2008-06-16 7:24 PM (#11941)
Subject: Riding the Natchez Trace

Cruiser

Houston, Texas
I'm Leaving in the next couple of days to ride the Natchez Trace South to North.

Has anyone made that trip and if so did you encounter any problems finding fuel along the way.

Its my understanding there are no fuel stops on the "Trace" and the exits aren't marked indicating fuel.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
misterclean911
Posted 2008-06-16 7:46 PM (#11943 - in reply to #11941)
Subject: Re: Riding the Natchez Trace

Puddle Jumper

shelbyville tennessee
I live about 50 miles from the trace, rode on it many times, but it was allways going south down to mississippi from tenn, there was allways plenty of exits about ever 50 miles are so that would take me into a near by town, most the time it was just a few miles to a gas station but never been up north.
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-06-16 9:03 PM (#11951 - in reply to #11941)
Subject: Re: Riding the Natchez Trace

Cruiser

Florida
I used to live around 10 minutes from the Loveless (Nashville) entrance and yes, there are gas stations, but there are no markings...you need to plan ahead as most of the gas stations are a mile or two away from the "Trace." You might want to do a Google Maps on the route and enter "gas stations" on the map. This way, you can see where they are before you head out and can plan properly. If you have a GPS, then locate them on your route map.

While I've never gotten a ticket while driving this route, I've had friends that have and it's a hassle as it's Federal Roadway, not a State Road. So, be forewarned...take a radar detector! But, there are many curves and a few places where they can hide in the bushes. It's one of the best riding roads in the country. Just wait until you cross the bridge over the gorge about 20 minutes outside of Nashville.
Tramp
Posted 2008-06-16 11:45 PM (#11957 - in reply to #11941)
Subject: RE: Riding the Natchez Trace

Cruiser

Lady and I rode it last year, in May. We took our time and it took us about two and a half days. We rode S to N. Just plan ahead for gas stops and you should be fine. You will have to go a few miles off some of the exits before you find anything. We ventured off a few times, then backtracked and contiued on. Enjoy. Oh, don't miss the Loveless Cafe.