CB radio cuts out. What's the fix?
rdbudd
Posted 2008-06-16 11:33 AM (#11905)
Subject: CB radio cuts out. What's the fix?

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I just installed the CB/Intercom on my Vision. Everything works as it should except the CB cuts out after about 6 or 8 seconds of transmission. Re-keying the mike gets another 6 or 8 seconds of transmission before cutting out again. The volume levels in the headsets are good on stereo, CB, and intercom. The VOX works as it should. Radio reception seems to be as good as my car's radio. Why is the CB cutting out? It makes no difference whether the driver's PTT is in use ot the passenger's PTT. It makes no difference which headset is plugged into whichever jack. The on board radio diagnostics indicate all switches are operating normally. My bike was built 11/20/07. The radio SW is version 4.08A and the radio HW is version 4. The CB that I just installed is SW version 5.09A and HW version 6. Do I need to have the dealer update the radio software or do I have a faulty CB/Intercom unit? Thanks.

Ronnie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Indiana RoadRunner
Posted 2008-06-16 1:02 PM (#11917 - in reply to #11905)
Subject: RE: CB radio cuts out. What's the fix?

Tourer

Dale, Indiana
I have seen the 6 or 8 second problem posted before on this board.

Maybe look at some older posts and you will find it. I am sure those who had it fixed will show up sooner or later.
I haven't had that kind of problem with mine. Got to really push the button hard to keep it transmitting though.
Wish it keyed as easy as the heads-up displain button does.

docvtx
Posted 2008-06-16 1:29 PM (#11919 - in reply to #11917)

Cruiser

Santa Maria CA
My cb/intercom did the samething after i installed it . My dealer did the radio software reflash and it fix the problem.
rdbudd
Posted 2008-06-17 9:47 PM (#12002 - in reply to #11919)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Thanks. I'll call the dealer and see if he has the update available.

Ronnie
Spock
Posted 2008-06-17 11:45 PM (#12008 - in reply to #12002)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX
To be more specific you need to have them update your audio system firmware to version 4.13A and this will fix the problem. They can download the update and install it on your bike in less than 10 mins with the dealer digital wrench.