IPOD connection procedure
Tramp
Posted 2008-06-16 9:50 AM (#11892)
Subject: IPOD connection procedure

Cruiser

I have the factory cable installed. Sometimes the IPOD interfaces with the sound system correctly, but most times it does not.
When it works, I can switch play lists, change songs, or albums.
But when it doesn't, the display on the console shows "AUX", and I maight get sound throgh the speakers, but sometimes not.
Is there a certain order that I need to follow when connecting the IPOD before a ride, and disconnecting it afterwards?
like plug in IPOD, turn on bike, set source to aux. . .
or turn on bike plug in IPOD
or stand bike up and put up kickstand, put transmission in neutral, pull in clutch, start bike, let idle for 3 minutes, then plug in IPOD,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
g1nomad
Posted 2008-06-16 10:12 AM (#11896 - in reply to #11892)
Subject: Re: IPOD connection procedure

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
I have recently install the white cable for an Ipod. I bought a 2nd Generation Nano off ebay opposed to
buying a new one because of the troubles I have read about on this board. I have about 20 tracks on the
Ipod in one spot, so I didn't know there would be any album hopping available.

I never disconnect it. The other day it kept freezing when I would press the the tune+ to advance songs.
While riding, I would power off the music button, and then turn it back on. It always starts out at the radio,
so I advance to the AUX. If I advanced just one song at a time, it works, but If I'd push the + several times
quickly, it would freeze?

It still sounds like Cr@p. Sorry Victory. I will try some aftermarket speakers. Crutchfield has some 5.25" Polk
Marine speakers, buy 2, get the next pair ½ off. I will give those a try. I hope they fit? If that don't help, then
the stereo system is just simply juck. )o:
motomarc
Posted 2008-06-16 10:48 AM (#11900 - in reply to #11892)
Subject: RE: IPOD connection procedure

Puddle Jumper

jokelahoma city, jokelahoma
OK guys there is tons of info in the forum about the ipods.
just search ipod.
You need a nano or flash memory Ipod not a hard drive Ipod trust me first hand experience. .
I have gen 3 nano and it works great now make sure your software is up to date version 4.11 or 4.13 I think and you should be good to go.
To check software and hardware version look in the tech forum it tells oyu how to do it.
once you do this you should be fine all others have had the issues you talk about and there fixed now.
if you hit the + 2 times fast it will jump 10 songs I have tons of music in mine with over 400 songs total and it works great now.
I did have the issues you speak of and there gone now with nano 3rd gen and software fix OH I did have a bad switch , Sometimes I would hit volume and it would change channel or song.
I took it in they ordered new one after conferming the issue themselves and had part in 4 days.

All and all the radio is good for Ipod but the radio reception is poor at best and horrible and non exsitant at worst.
MotoMarc

Edited by motomarc 2008-06-16 10:48 AM