Hitches
AzCruizer
Posted 2008-06-14 11:57 AM (#11810)
Subject: Hitches

Puddle Jumper

Gilbert, AZ
Does anyone have any information about any manufactures that have come out with a hitch for the Vision? I know there has been mention about Bushtec developing one, but I can't find any information on their website about it.

Thanks....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-06-14 12:07 PM (#11811 - in reply to #11810)
Subject: RE: Hitches

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

I am the one whose Vision is at Bushtec so they can develop the hitch.  Here is the response I got from Andrew Preston last week:

"We have started to ship the first batch of 10 trailer hitches for the Vision this week which were all sold out and have started on a second batch of 25 units. Interest has been good and my webmaster is working on a listing on the website for the Vision hitch. The final design has come out very clean and is exceptionally strong."

He said the Vision hitches should be placed on their website any time now.  You can call to order one.

Whenever someone gets their hitch, let me know how it does.  Even though I get the first one I won't get to try it out for a pretty good while, since I'm still in Kuwait

There are several posts about it on the Tech Q&A forum.

Edited by Lone Ranger 2008-06-14 12:19 PM
Praxman
Posted 2008-06-14 12:41 PM (#11812 - in reply to #11810)
Subject: Re: Hitches

Puddle Jumper

Edmonton, Alberta,Canada
Bushtec does have them ready for sale,got mine on Mondayand have it on,had to do a rush install,not too complicated,all hidden other than the reciever.Call them they may have left,I preordered mine early.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-06-14 1:56 PM (#11814 - in reply to #11812)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Fantastic!  You're the first person I've heard of getting one installed.  Please let us know how you like it and how it handles.  I really am looking forward to your product review.
Praxman
Posted 2008-06-14 2:21 PM (#11815 - in reply to #11810)

Puddle Jumper

Edmonton, Alberta,Canada
Leaving for Grand Canyon ,Vegas etc. on Thurseday so I had to rush on install ,heading out of town tomorow,won,t be back till Wed. so did not get any pics of install,but was fairly easy to get on .Directions were right on.Will definitely give a review upon return from Vegas.

Should be in Vegas around 25th going by way of OR. coast into Cal. and over to Vegas Grand Canyon then make our way to Sturgis then home to Canada.

Looking forward to seeing other Vision Pilots along the way.

Edited by Praxman 2008-06-14 2:30 PM
Rebel
Posted 2008-06-14 7:49 PM (#11820 - in reply to #11810)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Hey, Prax, is it a "hidden" style hitch? The kind where you can pull the receiver out when you aren't using it?
Praxman
Posted 2008-06-15 1:31 AM (#11832 - in reply to #11820)

Puddle Jumper

Edmonton, Alberta,Canada
yes it is ,with the reciever pulled out would not know the hitch was there ,you would have to get your ear to the ground and look up.

Edited by Praxman 2008-06-15 1:37 AM
Rebel
Posted 2008-06-15 10:36 AM (#11855 - in reply to #11810)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Ah, excellent. I have a couple of people to refer to Bustec, then.
tylerdang
Posted 2008-06-15 11:58 AM (#11859 - in reply to #11810)

Puddle Jumper

What is the cost of these babies?
Praxman
Posted 2008-06-15 1:20 PM (#11862 - in reply to #11859)

Puddle Jumper

Edmonton, Alberta,Canada
A little pricey at $479 but very well built
choirguy
Posted 2008-06-16 12:45 AM (#11879 - in reply to #11810)

Puddle Jumper

I don't own a Vision, and won't for a few years, but I'm enjoying your site as you get a chance to ride these bikes and find the good things and the things that need work.

Has anyone contacted Hitchdoc? http://www.hitchdoc.com/ They made a hitch for the V92C at consumer request...I couldn't imagine they'd turn down the chance to mock up a hitch for the Vision considering the potential sales!
Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-06-16 1:02 AM (#11881 - in reply to #11879)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

Before I talked to Bushtec I asked HitchDoc if they planned to make a hitch for the Vision.  I got a pretty generic letter back from them saying they did not have a hitch for the Vision.  I wasn't impressed with their answer - I didn't ask them if they HAD a hitch; I asked them if they PLANNED to have one.  To me, their response seemed like a big case of indifference.  

I then wrote Bushtec, who responded that if they could get their hands on a Vision that they would develop a hitch for it.  I offered them the use of my bike and they now have a jump on the Vision hitch market.

rlreed
Posted 2008-06-17 6:24 PM (#11985 - in reply to #11810)

Cruiser

Tavares, Fl
I've been watching this site for some time. Man I want a Vision in the worst way, I love their looks and ride. My only problem is I currently ride a Yamaha Venture and tow a Bunkhouse popup. This setup is great. I'm full time RVing,(not in the Bunkhouse), Florida in the winter and Ohio in the summer. The Venture has plenty of power to tour the Smokies and I'm concerned about the Vision.. I'd like to see some input from someone who tows a camper.
Travelin Man
Posted 2008-06-17 6:41 PM (#11986 - in reply to #11810)

Iron Butt

I just received my hitch from Bushtec on Monday, at a total cost of nearly $600 it is the priciest hitch I have ever purchased but Bushtec's quality speaks for itself. I'm having it installed at Randy's Cycles next week, normally I would do it myself but he made me a great deal so that his techs can get their feet wet with doing a hitch installation on a Vision.
Rebel
Posted 2008-06-17 8:09 PM (#11998 - in reply to #11810)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
rlreed, the stock Vision currently puts out 109 ft-lbs of torque and 92 horsepower compared to the Yamaha Venture's 89 ft-lbs of torque and 98 horsepower. So if the Venture can pull the pop-up, I think it's safe to say that the Vision can also.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-06-18 9:41 PM (#12057 - in reply to #11810)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Bushtec has the Vision hitch listed on its site! Go to www.bushtec.com and drill down to "What's New" and look for the Victory Vision hitch. The three photos are of my bike - my modest claim to fame.

Can we get that page as a link from the home page here?
Praxman
Posted 2008-06-18 10:15 PM (#12059 - in reply to #11985)

Puddle Jumper

Edmonton, Alberta,Canada
I,ll be leaving tomorrow on about an 8000 klms tour down south into OR ,CAL,Vegas,up to Sturgis and back home pulling a Leisure-lite camper two-up,will give an update on how the Vision handles the load,during the trip.
Lifeisgood
Posted 2008-06-19 6:22 AM (#12067 - in reply to #11810)

Cruiser

Victoria, BC
Have a safe journey!

We used to tow a trailer 28 years ago (before the kids were born). Really enjoyed the freedom it gave us to go on 30 day trips with all our camping stuff. I'm hoping the Vision proves to be a good hauler. Looking forward to seeing your reports.

Cheers,
Reg
mikeroark
Posted 2008-06-23 10:13 PM (#12279 - in reply to #12059)

Puddle Jumper

Let us know when you are in Vegas as we are always interested in seeing the new idea stuff. Arlen Ness store would probably like to see your hitch too.
Crawford
Posted 2008-06-24 11:20 AM (#12310 - in reply to #12279)

Tourer

Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Apparently the HitchDoc is manufacturing a hitch for the Vision now. Someone came thru Regina last week and stopped at the Victory dealer and he was pulling a trailer. The hitch was made by the HitchDoc. It's does appear they still have some design issues like rubbing the tire after hitting a large bump or pot hole.
pdxbcb
Posted 2008-06-25 9:58 PM (#12399 - in reply to #11810)

New user

My bike is at the dealer getting my Bushtec hitch put on. Will tell you tomorrow how it works!
chitowntom03
Posted 2008-06-25 10:20 PM (#12405 - in reply to #11810)

Cruiser

travlinman, so it at randys on the lift steve was working on it , greaT job he did on it
looks real clean, see on the street
Crawford
Posted 2008-07-10 11:23 AM (#13293 - in reply to #12405)

Tourer

Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Bushtec will have the Vision hitch at the rallies for sale but they will not install at the rallies. They will however install at their factory for $300 (5 hrs @ $60 per). That makes it about $800 installed.

I was going to get one installed at Sturgis Bike Week. I will have order one shipped and have my dealer install it. The whole rear end has to come apart so I have no desire to do that myself.

Edited by Crawford 2008-07-10 11:25 AM
Tramp
Posted 2008-07-14 12:45 PM (#13542 - in reply to #13293)

Cruiser

We just got our done at Bushtec's home in Jacksboro, Tn. They did a real nice job.
I got to see Lone Ranger's bike sitting, waiting for his return from Kuwait.
This is my third Bushtec hitch, and the first hidden model. With the stinger out, you can't tell the Vision has a hitch, unless you look up her skirt. We rode from our home in Pa. part way Wednesday night. Then the rest of the way Thursday, in the rain. Friday morning we were at Bushtec at 9:00 AM and Andrew, Samuel and the boys got started. We were on the road by 1:00pm and made it home at midnight Friday night. Saturday we took the trailer out and rode around a while. It pulled just great on local roads, twisties, and parking lots, can't wait to give it a good hi-speed workout, before AVR next month. I gotta get the bike in for its 2500 mile check up tomorrow.
ewarren
Posted 2008-07-14 3:42 PM (#13552 - in reply to #11810)

New user

I preordered a hitch from Bushtec and installed it myself. As a mine equipment mechanic I wanted to see how difficult it would be to install and maintain for myself. I was impressed with the quality and detailed instructions from Bushtec but I did find an error in the Vision service manual where the tourque specs for some screws was transposed. I pulled my home built trailer to Salt Lake City and back to Elko Nevada for parts and Victory oil change kits and was very pleased with the hitch performance like the performance of the hitch on the 99 Vic.