Passenger's legs / Saddle bags
Flatsix
Posted 2008-06-09 10:00 PM (#11629)
Subject: Passenger's legs / Saddle bags

Tourer

Fargo, ND
Hi,

I'm giving serious thought to a Vision. My Wife and I took the Dealer's Demo for an hour and a half on Saturday afternoon. I really like the bike...my Wife is not so excited about it. We are not new to motorcycling and have done a fair amount of touring around the U.S.

Her concerns are (as she is a skosh over 5') with her legs resting on the saddlebags and in time causing fatigue, etc. Victory does have risers available that will raise the passenger boards about 1 1/2". This doesn't appear to do the job as I cut (2) 6" 2x4(s) and just put them on the boards to see if it made a measurable difference. It didn't. I then put both of them on the same board. A bit of an improvement, however, her legs still made contact with the bags.

This may not be a problem for an hour ride. It may be a problem for an all day ride.

Please help me here guys and share your thoughts!

Thanks.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cjnoho
Posted 2008-06-09 10:20 PM (#11631 - in reply to #11629)
Subject: Re: Passenger's legs / Saddle bags

Visionary

So Cal
My wife is 5'2" and likes the boards without the risers. She likes the calf support the bags provide. Not sure how well the paint will hold up to that kind of treatment? Small price to pay for her comfort. Riding wouldnt be the same for me without her.
kenhiggins
Posted 2008-06-09 11:28 PM (#11635 - in reply to #11629)
Subject: RE: Passenger's legs / Saddle bags

Cruiser

Montreal, QC Canada
I agree with your comment about the paint. I have a habit of keeping my knees tight to the tank and I have a faded area on both sides after a month. Haven't talked to the dealer yet.
amessen
Posted 2008-06-10 6:30 AM (#11644 - in reply to #11629)

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
My wife is 5'1" tall we put on the risers from the factory before delivery. My wife is very happy with the position of her legs and she has the double whammy as I am 6'10" tall and weigh 400 lbs so she has to straddle me as well as the bike. She loves it and if mama is happy then so am I.
g1nomad
Posted 2008-06-10 9:30 AM (#11655 - in reply to #11629)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
amessen - 2008-06-10 6:30 AM

I am 6'10" tall and weigh 400 lbs

Now that would be funny to see on a Goldwing. Sorry about hijacking the thread.
Back to the subject on hand.

okthenbye
Posted 2008-06-10 12:45 PM (#11660 - in reply to #11629)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
My wife is 5'2" and with her legs resting on the saddle bags resulted in numbness and fatigue after rides longer than an hour. With the addition of the risers on the passenger floorboards it made a world of difference. No leg fatigue, no rubbing on the saddlebags. If you are getting the Vision the risers are a must.
TimS
Posted 2008-06-10 1:17 PM (#11661 - in reply to #11629)
Subject: RE: Passenger's legs / Saddle bags

Iron Butt

Flatsix,

The risers worked for my better half.  Maybe your wife can try these =).

Tim