CB/ICOM driver problem?
divesharc
Posted 2008-05-22 11:29 AM (#10721)
Subject: CB/ICOM driver problem?

Cruiser

VA
Ok, It's been almost two weeks since I got my ICOM.CB installed at the dealership. Unfortunately, I had to trailer it home since I had no one to give me a ride to the dealer. SO, I get it home and play with it, and set up the headsets for my wife and I. I noticed that when I plugged in my headset, I only got sound from the left speaker, or the one closest to the boom mic. I had my wife plug hers in and she got sound from both speakers, and I plugg mine into her jack and got sound from both speakers, which rules out a bad headset. THen I noticed that when she would talk to me, I could hear her, but when I attempted to transmit to her, she could not hear me at all. I contacted the dealer and he thought it could be the jack, but wanted to talk to Victory about it to see if there is something else that could be wrong. My question, is there anyone else here who has had the same or similar problems, and if so, what was the solution. It's been two weeks and I'd really like to get this resolved since the wife and I are going to be doing more riding now that the weather is getting better. I really appreciate any advice from those who have had the same problem. Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
visionman
Posted 2008-05-22 2:05 PM (#10731 - in reply to #10721)
Subject: Re: CB/ICOM driver problem?

Puddle Jumper

My ICOM was doing the samething, but it was the driver that could not hear the passenger. Try turning the passenger volume up the only way you can do this is when you are talking to the passenger hit the vol. up button by the passenger ptt button. Vic says the vol. gets turned down and there is not a guage on the dash to tell you this. If that does't work you need to take it back to the dealer and they need to varify that your radio has the same program code as your CB/ICOM does if they don't match they need fix that by either up dateing you radio with a reflash or replaceing you CB/ICOM with a newer one. And it still may be the plug in for the head set. Thats what fixed mine, but thats the order of trouble shooting we followed at my dealer. Just fixed it yesterday. If you have anymore questions I'll try to help the best I can.
divesharc
Posted 2008-05-22 11:14 PM (#10767 - in reply to #10721)

Cruiser

VA
I'm pretty sure that her vaolume was turned up. She could hear music and stuff like that, but I will double check that. Also, my right speaker doesn't work when plugged into mine, but it does work plugged into hers. Did you get the same problem? The funny thing is that I can hear my own voice in my speaker when I transmit, but she can't hear me, which I thought was odd. THey asked me for the version of software and when I did the diagnostics, the radio and CD were both running 4.13A. Starting to think it is the main unti, but hope it's just the plug. Thanks for the response, I might have to investigate some more.
visionman
Posted 2008-05-23 10:17 AM (#10795 - in reply to #10721)

Puddle Jumper

Try wiggleing the head set were the microphone plugs into the head set to see if that fixes the one speaker problem. If it doesn't then it sounds like it's the driver plug in. Vic said they were haveing problems with the pins pushing out.
varyder
Posted 2008-05-23 1:23 PM (#10805 - in reply to #10721)
Subject: RE: CB/ICOM driver problem?

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Marc, you've got a PM

Edited by varyder 2008-05-23 1:23 PM
divesharc
Posted 2008-05-25 1:25 AM (#10860 - in reply to #10721)

Cruiser

VA
For those of you following or having similar issues, I got a message from the dealer today. Apprently, Victory told them that if I could hear the CB through the main speakers, then it was a bad wiring harness. I can't, so that means it's most likely a jack...I think. Voctory wanted to know the software version, which I gave to them. The funny thing about this is that even though the passenger can't hear me, when I talk, I can hear my own voice in the headset, which makes me think that it isn't a jack and is something wrong with the main unit. We'll see. I think I'm going to suggest to the dealer that they get another jack, and another control unit, and swap the jack first, then if it's still acting up, replace the main unit. I'll update when I get resolved.
divesharc
Posted 2008-06-12 9:55 PM (#11765 - in reply to #10860)

Cruiser

VA
IT'S FIXED!!! Took the bike in Saturday, and got to help take apart all the little plastic parts. Turns out that the driver's plug was bad AND the main control unit was bad as well. Got both replaced, covered by warranty. Took the bike on a 2 hr ride and now the wife and I can talk back and forth. Hold on, should I have gotten that fixed? It is nice though to be able to hear when she needs to take a break.